Sr. Staff Engineer, Development Platforms
- Boston, MA
Senior Staff Engineer, Development Platforms
The mission of Development Platforms is to make software development at Wayfair a delightful experience by focusing engineering efforts on high impact activities, resulting in incredibly high velocity. We act as a force multiplier to thousands of engineers company-wide, building tools, systems, and automation to eliminate toil, make quality the default, and scale engineering activities to help Wayfair become a global leader. We're looking for a talented and highly technical, hands-on engineering leader to guide Wayfair's efforts as we build a robust, world-class platform, one that will scale alongside our continued growth for years to come.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Own the technical vision for Development Platforms, working with a wide range of engineering managers and technical leaders
- Have a strong and measurable impact on engineering cycle time, velocity and quality
- Identify and implement best practices at massive scale, understanding that what is right for other companies may not be right for Wayfair, and achieving consensus at each step
- Effect positive change that has a multiplicative effect on all of Wayfair engineers, by designing tooling methods, repeatable patterns and self-learning mechanisms implemented through a clear change management process
- Demonstrate an affinity for creating strategies and executing against them, knowing when to adjust course
- Constantly challenge the status quo, never take any tool/process/behavior for granted
- Collaborate with tech communication teams to build a strong brand for Wayfair in the engineering community
- Influence Engineering culture both in and outside of the Development Platforms organization, acting as a go-to technical expert and problem solver
What experience and qualifications will you leverage to be successful?
- Extensive experience developing, architecting and scaling software systems, tools and/or applications
- Experience working on tools and automation that directly helps other engineers, at scale.
- A passion for having developers as customers, and enabling their ability to adapt and flourish in a fast paced rapidly scaling tech organization
- Demonstrated technical leadership capability with the ability to identify trade-offs and manage risk
- Ability to quickly solve or seek solutions in an agile, fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- DevOps experience is preferred, DevOps mindset is required.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top