Sr. Manager of New Hire Experience, Marketing & Product
Senior Manager, Marketing and Product Onboarding, Learning & Development
In 2017 Wayfair onboarded over 5,000 new hires. Our ability to help new hires rapidly learn Wayfair’s tools, cultures, and norms as well as department specific skill is critical to our ongoing success. The Senior Manager, Marketing & Product Onboarding will be our first hire focused on department specific onboarding. The Senior Manager will not only shape the new hire experience for marketing and product but also have a critical role in helping us build department specific onboarding more broadly as he/she will get to help establish this function at Wayfair.
The Senior Manager of New Hire Experience will report into the Director of Onboarding and will work closely with the Global Head of Talent, the Chief Marketing & Product Officer, the Head of North American marketing and the broad leadership teams across marketing and product. Success in this role is determined by your ability to effectively analyse team talent data, consult with and influence business partners, and implement a high impact and scalable new hire experience for the departments you are dedicated to. The ability be innovative in your approach to onboarding is key. Onboarding is not only a series of trainings -- it’s an experience that engages new hires. This role is highly cross-functional, and your ability to align and influence business stakeholders is key.
- Partner with Marketing & Product team to develop, implement, and evaluate department specific onboarding and other training opportunities as appropriate
- Help to identify skill and leadership gaps within the functional area and propose and implement changes necessary to put key solutions in place
- Analyzing key employee data for the functional area (e.g., employee engagement surveys, turnover stats, upward feedback) to help improve employee satisfaction, retention and effectiveness
- 5+ years professional experience
- MBA or master’s degree in organizational effectiveness, industrial organizational psychology, or equivalent
- High business acumen
- Passion for the growth and development of others
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- High level of flexibility and adaptability
- Senior presence: ability to work side-by-side with senior executives
- Strong customer service focus with a sense of urgency and excellent follow through
- No formal learning & development experience required
About the Team
Learning & Development is the ultimate cross-functional team. Every day we work with key stakeholders across the organization to develop our people, drive impact, and help Wayfair remain a leader in e-commerce. We are the ambassadors of Wayfair’s culture, which prides itself on transparency, collaboration, innovation, and critical thinking. We focus on guiding Wayfair team members to become the best versions of themselves by developing their skills, guiding them on how to increase impact, and building lifelong relationships across the organization.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top