Software Engineering Manager
- Boston, MA
Team Name: Supply Chain Engineering
Position: Software Engineering Manager
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. We’re the creative builders solving complex business problems through the newest and most innovative software in e-commerce. From Marketing Engineering and Proprietary Logistics to Development Platforms and Infrastructure Engineering, we leverage open source technology to create our own platforms and engineering tools, and our continuous deployment environment promotes frequent releases to production. We move fast, build to scale, and approach each challenge with agility and creativity.
We're looking for experienced hands-on Engineering Manager to join our Supply Chain Engineering team, that owns the complex back-end systems processing updates from carriers, to internal tools. This allows our agents to pick items from our warehouses, to front-end applications helping customers to stay up to date as orders make their way through our network. If you have a background building teams that work with complex data systems and fast iteration in an agile environment, this is the role for you! We deeply value: curiosity, collaboration, and an eagerness to make an impact on the business.
An Ideal Candidate will have:
• Experience coaching and driving a team of software engineers in delivery of business impacting applications
• Proficient in cross-functional consensus building and influencing without authority
• Proficient in designing systems at scale
• Proficient in effective troubleshooting and issue resolution techniques
• Proficient in a server-side programming language (PHP preferred but not required)
• Proficient in a frontend framework (React preferred but not required)
• Proficient in writing SQL queries against a relational database
What You'll Do:
• Manage, grow, and lead a team of high performing engineers that will build the functionality that shapes the future of Wayfair’s supply chain.
• Motivate and inspire teams to drive business value as well as associate engagement and job satisfaction
• Manage effectively in all directions and support the teams
• Suggest novel approaches to problems and drive team to continually think outside of the box
• Own complete initiatives that directly impact the company and results
• Contribute to enterprise-wide tools to drive destructive testing, automation, and engineering empowerment
• Scope and define work based on problems that can be unclear or ambiguous
• Guide team through all phases of software planning and delivery
• Deliver clear and concise updates to team and broader group
• Communicate cross-functionally to peers, stakeholders, and leadership
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top