Software Engineer 3
- Boston, MA
Employer: Wayfair LLC
Title: Software Engineer 3
Location: 100 Huntington Avenue, 4 Copley Place, Boston, MA 02116
Requirements: Requires a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related field plus two (2) years of experience in software development using Python, C#, .NET, SQL, or Java. Experience must include:
Two (2) years in each of the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
- Creating scalable front-end or back-end applications using PHP, MSSQL, C#, Python, or Java
- Deploying application code into server environments utilizing Jenkins, Octopus, or Puppet
- SQL database development including designing queries, triggers and stored procedures, performance tuning, or data ETL
- Gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements
- Object-oriented programming using PHP, C++, C#, Java, Python, or another major object-oriented programming language
One (1) year in each of the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
- MSSQL or Web Frameworks
- Writing maintainable and performant code using PHP, MSSQL, C#, Python, or Java
- Defining test plans or performing unit testing
- Writing SQL CREATE/ALTER scripts or designing relational databases
- Utilizing ElasticSearch, Logstash, or Kibana to build monitoring for software applications
- Performing code reviews for PHP, Java, C#, or Microsoft SQL Server
- Performing design reviews of technical specifications for software systems in C#, Java, PHP, or Microsoft SQL Server
- Creating designs and technical specifications for new software applications, and breaking down complex, functional requirements into smaller, executable tasks.
Will accept a Bachelor’s degree plus five (5) years of described experience.
Experience may be gained before, during, or after issuance of advanced degree.
Multiple positions. Please submit resumes to Wayfair LLC, 100 Huntington Avenue, 4 Copley Place, Boston, MA 02116 or via https://www.wayfair.com/careers, Job Code: 1004787.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair is, and will be, home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top