The Warehouse Management Systems Software engineering and product teams collaborate to build software that manages supply chain operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We’re focused on improving customer experience by making sure product is located as close to customers as possible and shipping that product quickly and accurately to make sure it arrives when we say it will. We also look to drive improvements in margin for orders by making the warehouses run efficiently to drive cost savings at all levels of the supply chain. Our growing scale as a company allows us new opportunities to drive cost savings including:
- Pooled shipments into the warehouse to drive cost savings
- Proprietary replenishment algorithms to drive the best assortment geographically close to customers, maximizing warehouse turns and minimizing ship costs and transit times to customers
- Truck load scheduling out of the warehouses and cross docks to minimize transit times to customers, drive shipping cost savings, and reduce damage and lost in transit rates
- Internationalization of our warehouse software to allow us to open warehouses across Europe and Asia; allowing us to open up new supplier opportunities and containerize product to ship to local warehouses on other continents
- Scaling out our third party and proprietary systems to support the business’ plan to grow volume through our warehouses and pool points to 10-20 times current rates
Projects include working on our main e-commerce site to deliver a more engaging ecomm experience for our customers. As you’ll see from the new site design, we’ve abandoned the busyness that plagues most sites (even the big ones) and we’re working to more effectively court our users during their online experience. We have many concurrent projects currently that include everything from our revolutionary recommendation engine to the nano-second processing of orders.
We don't care what language you grew up with...we have a wide array of technologies here. OO skills are great; functional programming and scripting language experience are prized as well.
An ideal candidate has:
- Exceptional problem solving skills, experience developing creative solutions to complex problems
- Large systems design and development experience with an OO language. We run a modified LAMP stack, but employ Engineers with a huge variety of technical backgrounds
- Database design, development and performance optimization experience
- Sense of humor and excellent communication skills
- Desire to mentor, teach and lead teams
- BA/BS degree from a 4-year college or university.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Back to top