Wayfair is looking for a Software Architect to join the .NET development team that owns the complex, evolving logic that drives a simple purpose: telling a customer when we think we can deliver their order. This is, fundamentally, a prediction. And making that prediction requires synthesizing information from thousands of warehouses, thousands of carriers terminals, and hundreds of thousands of customer locations. And we have to make the prediction in under 10 milliseconds.
The team is looking for people to help our ongoing efforts to scale, including web service traffic (100M requests/day), supply chain data processing in SQL (100M rows/day), and event-driven messaging systems generating searchable predictions for a large catalog (10M products). Our ideal engineer has a background working with complex data structures, distributed systems, and fast iteration in an agile environment. We are looking a motivated person who enjoys innovation, and wants to lead and mentor a fast-growing team.
- Expanded delivery predictions for weekend, same-day, and international carrier networks
- Dynamically routing orders based on optimized inventory replenishment strategies
- Packing algorithms to support product bundling and opportunities for reduced ship costs
An ideal candidate has:
- Expertise in .NET (or Java and a willingness to learn .NET)
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Desire to mentor and lead teams
- SQL DB design, advanced query writing, and general optimization skills
- Experience with high-performance caching systems (Redis, Memcache)
- Ability to think creatively to identify paths to quick, then scalable solutions
- Good attitude and sense of humor
Nice to haves (the more the better):
- Supply chain experience
- Experience in an Agile/continuous-development environment
- Advanced .NET and server-side troubleshooting
- SQL performance tuning skills
- A passion for technology and staying current with technologies
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science or related area
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top