Site Reliability Engineer, Delivery Networks
- Berlin, Germany
Site Reliability Engineer, Delivery Network
The mission of European Delivery Network is to make supply chain in Europe software development at Wayfair a delightful experience by focusing engineering efforts on high impact activities, resulting in incredibly high velocity. We act as a force multiplier to thousands of engineers company-wide, building tools, systems, and automation to eliminate toil, make quality the default, and scale engineering activities to help Wayfair become a global leader. We're looking for a talented and highly technical, hands-on engineering leader to guide Wayfair's efforts as we build a robust, world-class platform, one that will scale alongside our continued growth for years to come.
What You’ll Do:
On the EU-Delivery Network team as a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll have a multitude of opportunities to flex your strengths as well as learn new things while directly assisting our internal customers. We contribute to (and create) bleeding-edge open source projects and continuously push the envelope to explore the future of e-commerce and modern infrastructure systems. You are an individual contributor who:
- Has experience in managing platforms as a service for rapid growth and scale
- Has experience migrating and operating applications on cloud environments
- Writes clean, high-performance, and well tested, infrastructure code with a focus on reusability and automation (Shell, Python, Puppet)
- Believes in cross-functional teams and works towards creating teams that build and support the services they own
- Creates and maintains detailed documentation.
- Develops monitoring, defines service levels and helps coordinate product launches and reliability exercises.
- Is experiences in modern microservices and distributed architectures and drive the efforts towards migrating to those (CQRS and event sourcing)
- Is experienced and comfortable with data streaming and persistence practices (Kafka, HDFS, BigQuery/Redshift or similar, Microservice DBs on PostgreSQL os similar)
- Recommends and implements infrastructure best practices in alignment with standard SRE principles and provides guidance on system performance.
- Communicates and connects her/his with other teams at Wayfair on a shared, long-term vision.
- Helps business stakeholders and other engineers understand the impact of the touchless solution
- Mentors other engineers and helps develop their skills while assisting them on projects.
What You’ll Need:
- Profound experience in systems and/or software engineering.
- Relevant experience of primarily DevOps/SRE engineer experience.
- Profound Experience in one or more programming languages used in infrastructure (Ruby, PHP, Python, Go, etc as well as familiarity with version control such as Git).
- Comfortable with IaaS and PaaS architecture and deployments and configuration management tools (Puppet, Salt, Chef, or Ansible).
- Experience with a public cloud provider (AWS, GCP, AZURE).
- Comfortable with container platforms (Docker, Kubernetes and the like).
Who We Are:
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and the world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top