Site Navigation Specialist
- Boston, MA
Wayfair US Site Navigation Specialist
With over 7 million products to choose from, our role in the Site Navigation team is to provide our customers with intuitive and seamless paths to product, helping them find products they’ll love with ease. We are looking for a highly analytical individual to join our growing team as a Site Navigation Associate, playing an active role in our quest to provide a best-in-class user journey for our customers on Desktop, Mobile and App.
As a Site Navigation Associate, you will be drawing insights from our data and through our user-testing platforms to determine critical information that can be used to make business decisions. You will study customer behavior across our core navigational elements (onsite search, top navigation menu and intermediary category pages) to come up with creative ideas for optimizing the end-to-end user journey.
This is a rewarding role that gives you the opportunity to be heavily influential and impactful on the usability of our site, reporting out to stakeholders on performance, and requires you to liaise with different teams across the business to help drive key initiatives. Our tight-knit team has a big appetite for bold ideas, a strong bias for action, and provides a distinct opportunity to drive high impact decisions.
What You'll Do
- Serve as the subject matter expert on how our customers are shopping for a given Department
- Gain insight into what customers are searching for and how we can optimize the landing page experience for search terms
- Use funnel metric data and run user-tests to make strategic decisions on the website taxonomy, thinking about what we should be showing customers at each stage in the funnel
- Gather and analyze data from multiple internal sources, formulate and test hypotheses
- Communicate analysis results and recommendations
- Develop visual merchandising and trend awareness: having an eye for the type of imagery and styles of products that will engage our customers
- Know the competitive landscape and staying close to what our competitors are doing
What You'll Need
- BA with strong academic record, preferably in a quantitative degree (such as math, economics etc.) or strong equivalent experience
- Passionate about the customer with an interest in understanding what drives user engagement
- Experience in analyzing data sets to derive use-able insights
- Experience using Excel to manipulate data
- Highly detail oriented; unafraid of complexity
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with people at all levels in an organization
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities
- Driven, positive, energetic and willing to explore: a self-starter who takes ownership and goes beyond the scope of assigned tasks
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top