Senior UX Researcher
This role is for a person that is passionate about users and has a desire to help deliver positive consumer experiences through research. The perfect person to fill this role will be effective at designing and executing on research activities that enhance the end-to-end experience for our users. The User Experience Researcher is a member of the larger Product Design team who will work closely with product managers, product designers and other research organizations within the company.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrable experience with multiple usability and related research methods.
- Experience with current tools for web and mobile product research.
- Ability to work on multiple projects running concurrently.
- A passion for consumer facing products.
- Inspire and mentor colleagues interested in research as a skill and practice
- Ability to effectively communicate qualitative data into actionable UX goals
What we offer:
Join a world-class team of designers, writers, and researchers who are committed to building the best customer experience for discovering and buying home goods the world has ever seen. Our combined efforts help us to be the preferred platform for discovering and buying home goods. The experience we build is all-encompassing, from initial marketing touchpoint experience to transaction to delivery experience to re-engagement.
Work with teams to identify, plan and conduct studies that will drive to world class design solutions. Methods may include usability studies, card sorting, field studies, cognitive walkthroughs, contextual enquiry, participatory design and other activities selected to meet specific research goals.
Activities to achieve these goals may include:
- Research Planning
- Prepare for studies which employ a variety of research methodologies
- Ensure a clear understanding of the goals and objectives for research projects
- Meet with stakeholders to reviews goals and objectives
- Craft studies optimized to address goals and objectives
- Research Implementation
- Prepare project plans, study plans, moderator’s guides and other artifacts related to designing and conducting studies.
- Facilitate studies for approved initiatives
- Participate in observation, note taking and analysis for studies as needed
- Data analysis & Reporting
- Complete data analysis following studies and field visits
- Create and review research reports/presentations with teams and key stakeholders
- Work closely with Product Design team members to:
- Build internal body of knowledge
- Research best practices
- Develop and maintain internal awareness of user expectations
- Mentor and provide methods for on-the-fly directional guidance
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in the user experience or consumer research field where user research is a core activity.
- Master’s degree in Human Factors, Experimental/Cognitive Psychology, HCI, or related field and/or commensurate experience.
- Skilled in:
- Creation and administration of qualitative studies including but not limited to focus groups, card sorting, contextual inquiry, usability studies, co-discovery.
- Familiarity with testing tools such as usertesting.com and Optimal Workshop
- Collection and crystallization of user attributes and needs
- Familiarity with design and prototyping tools and technologies is a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile environment a plus.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and persuasion skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable with fast-paced work environment and responsibilities for multiple projects at any given time
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top