Senior Specialist, EDI Implementation
EDI Implementation, Senior Specialist
Wayfair is looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial, and innovative professional to join our Supplier Implementation Team. The Implementation team is responsible for establishing connections with our suppliers to assure automated data flows of Inventory, Orders, Invoices and Tracking information between Wayfair and our suppliers.
This person will work as an advisor to all implementation related needs for our suppliers and help Wayfair integrate suppliers into our CastleGate programme. CastleGate Fulfillment, a subsidiary of Wayfair, is the #1 direct to consumer fulfillment business in home goods.
CastleGate’s leading drop-ship operation boosts sales by delivering products to customers fast and safe outperforming essentially any other player in the market. Orders received ship out same-day with guaranteed next day delivery. CastleGate pairs cutting-edge technology with unparalleled operational excellence and support to offer a complete suite of fulfillment services including warehousing and inventory management; pick, pack and ship; and packaging services.
The Supplier Implementation team collaborates cross-functionally with several internal departments including Engineering, Supplier Operations, Logistics, Category Management and Castlegate to increase automation of supply-chain relevant data via EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) connections.
In addition to internal groups, this person will be closely connected to our growing supplier base and their needs as well as managing relationships with our 3rd party vendors.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is technology minded - when presented with a symptom of a system issue, work with internal teams, suppliers, and data sets to find patterns and help identify the root cause.
This candidate should also possess excellent communication skills, business-minded and intellectual curiosity about improving operational performance and quality through technology.
Due to the heavy cross-functional collaboration, you must be able to demonstrate success in aligning stakeholders across a number of different departments internally – building robust relationships with our suppliers, understanding their systems and needs, and being able to advocate those needs to management in a strategic and organized manner.
- Outreach and assist with setting up and launching data exchange projects and resolving data exchange issues with Wayfair partners across Europe
- Supporting EDI Setups with European and US suppliers
- Maintain strong working relationships with suppliers, Category Management, and 3rd party trading partners to drive improved EDI implementation and performance
- Follow defined process flow for using software to automate different supply chain needs: Purchase Orders, Invoices, Shipping Information, Inventory, etc.
- Monitor overall performance on data connections implemented – ensuring data is transmitting fluidly between Wayfair and the supplier
- Identify ways to increase the speed and effectiveness of setting up these connections
- Dissect and determine root causes of problems and help implement solutions
- Degree in Business Studies, IT or Supply Chain preferably
- Minimum 3 years working experience in a similar role.
- Fluency in English plus an additional major European language would be an advantage
- Comfortable with IT tools including MS Office
- Proficient user of SQL and ideally experience with Data exchange, connections or EDI
- Ability to “hit the ground running” – a self-starter
- Excellent communication skills, and interest in developing negotiation skills
- Creative thinking and constant desire to make processes better
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; willingness to get into the details
What Wayfair Offers to our Employees:
- Health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym Membership contribution
- Monthly Team outings
- Employee Purchase Discounts
- Bus Saver Ticket scheme
- Training Programs for continued career education
- Paid Volunteering Day
- And finally, free snacks, tea, and coffee!
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.
You must be eligible to work legally in Ireland and be in a position to provide confirmation of eligibility upon request.
Note: WAYFAIR is committed to an environment that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top