Senior Software Engineer - Transportation
Wayfair is looking for experienced, full-stack developers to join our Transportation Engineering team. The Transportation team's systems ensure Wayfair can rapidly and reliably deliver orders to customers -- everything from 5 ounce Christmas tree ornaments to 3500 pound concrete fountains. We coordinate the flow of information between customers, suppliers, warehouses, carriers, home delivery agents, and more -- all to support the delivery of over 1 million orders every month.
We work across the stack -- from backend systems processing updates from carriers, to internal tools allowing our agents to schedule truckload movements, to front-end applications helping customers to stay up to date as orders makes their way through our network.
Our ideal engineer has a background working with complex data systems and fast iteration in an agile environment. We deeply value: curiosity, collaboration, and an eagerness to make an impact on the business.
An ideal candidate will:
- Have 5+ years of relevant experience with database-backed applications, including schema design and complex reporting
- Have experience with PHP or similar scripting languages (or eager to learn)
- Be strongly motivated to apply technical skills to solve tough business problems
- Embrace the opportunity to help their fellow engineers as they do the same
- Management position, if desired
- Managing the flow of containers of goods being shipped from overseas
- Planning, tendering and tracking truckload movements throughout our North American delivery network
- Coordinating the final stages of delivery (the “final mile”), including live customer tracking of delivery trucks
- Fine-grained control over injection of small parcel freight into the UPS and FedEx networks
- Overhauling how Wayfair processes large parcel returns from our customers
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top