Senior Software Engineer, Python Platform
The Python Platform team is looking for a Senior Python Engineer to help build a world-class Python ecosystem at Wayfair. Here, you will play a key role in creating intuitive tools, libraries, and infrastructure to deliver startup-like agility to dozens of teams working at enterprise scale. If you're excited about making Python a leading choice for multiple domains including data analysis, prototyping, and highly scaled production services, we want to hear from you!
In this role, what will you do?
- Build the tooling & automation to deliver Dockerized development and production run time environments
- Author and contribute to internal libraries that emphasize intuitive interfaces and composability
- Identify creative ways to be a force multiplier for hundreds of internal Python users
- Leverage self-directed time to invest in the platform, yourself, and the open source community
- Help teams and projects adopt the latest Python technologies
What will you bring to the role?
- Deep knowledge of Python and its ecosystem
- Strong sense of ownership within your domain, and a desire to have agency in
- A humble learner’s mind with an eagerness for teaching and being taught
- A sense of gratification from helping others
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or working on DevOps / Release systems
- Experience with Jupyter notebooks, Spark, and other data science infrastructure technologies
- Experience writing and/or leveraging C extensions and Cython to solve performance bottlenecks
About the Python Platform Team
We're a high-leverage team of experienced Python engineers that embraces startup culture as we serve hundreds of Python users within Wayfair, whom we consider our customers. We highly value autonomy and trust and we are vocal internal advocates for testing, pragmatism, community, and the immense benefits of a low-friction environment.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top