Senior Software Engineer - Product Catalog [.NET]
When was the last time you bought something online that shipped in more than one box?
Wayfair sells everything home, from clocks that come in one box to sofa sectionals that come in five. The Product Catalog team writes the software that powers that wide range of products, and we’re looking for engineers to build a simple user experience on top of complex product data. Explore internationalization by working on the Globalization platform that has brought our selection to locales all over the world. Have you ever thought about how people describe things? We have; we built a description platform that describes our millions of products to customers and webcrawlers alike. And by the way, we're also re-building the way products are stored at Wayfair, laying the groundwork for the architecture of products for years to come.
If you’re interested in helping our customers find just the right product for their home, we’d love to talk to you. We’re looking for smart, self-driven, outgoing engineers to join our growing team to help us manage our catalog of millions of products across thousands of categories. We work at scale and think about our customers first. We love to move fast and deliver high quality solutions to challenging business problems.
- Learn and teach alongside us as we write the code that drives Wayfair's product catalog
- Contribute to our coding and quality standards. Design scalable, resilient architecture to meet our growing business’ needs
- Build performant and stable compiled .Net applications that process large datasets
- Write robust, well-tested .Net code
- Work with product and business to find creative solutions to challenging business problems and guide a team toward quick wins, good design and long-term stability
- Move fast, make things
- At least 3 years of relevant web programming experience
- A great understanding of Object Oriented Design, MVC, and web architecture
- Confidence in interfacing with stakeholders to gather requirements, and translating requirements into software architecture
- A collaborative, team-first personality and a sense of humor
- SQL Database design, development and performance optimization experience
- Experience working in a distributed or highly transactional environment
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top