Senior Software Engineer, Deployment Tools
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Release Engineering team you will be responsible for owning the execution of large projects involving multiple teams and contributors. You will be a technical authority on multiple subject matters within the team’s focal areas, and lean on these strengths to educate the team and guide its efforts.
What will your role be?
- Create software and processes that support complex deployment across multiple data centers at an high level of scale and stability.
- Own the design, development and implementation of the intuitive tooling engineers will love to use for continuous integration, automated testing, and release management.
- Research industry trends and innovations to identify opportunities to grow our own platforms.
- Mentor infrastructure engineering team members in software development best practices and maintain a high standard of quality across the solutions you build.
What will you bring to the role?
- Experience in designing and implementing large-scale, high-availability software solutions.
- Familiarity working with configuration management systems and and automation pipelines used for testing and building software.
- Prior experience with or a strong interest to learn DevOps best practices.
- A desire to build large scale loosely coupled modular systems that produce value far greater than the sum of their parts.
For bonus points, you will have:
- A good sense of humor and deadly accuracy with Nerf guns.
- Experience with process containerization and management with Docker and Kubernetes
- An active GitHub account.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top