Senior Software Engineer
Who we are?
The My Account – Self Service team empowers customers by providing them world class solutions to service their needs once an order is placed. Our mission is to provide all the necessary tools to our customers so that they can resolve their order related needs without having to contact Customer Service. We serve a global customer base and build solutions that are used by hundreds of thousands of customers every day. We are a data driven team that believes in basing our decisions by looking at data and customer feedback. We believe in experimentation through A/B tests or user testing and love to take risks.
Why this team?
The My Account team sits at a perfect intersection of our Storefront Engineering and Operational Engineering organizations. We provide a sleek and seamless customer experience to complex logistical problems (For example – Returns) across all platforms like Desktop, Mobile Web and Native Apps. Some of the cool projects this team has worked on recently –
- Live tracking on the day of delivery – On the day of delivery we provide customers with a way to track the real time location of delivery trucks on a map interface. Technologies used – Google Maps API(s), PHP, MSSQL, Redis.
- Tracking through a Google Home interface – This provides the ability to customers to talk to their Google Home device and ask questions like – “When is my couch arriving” or “When was my rug delivered?”. Technologies used – Google Voice integration through API.Ai, PHP, SOLR Cloud and MSSQL.
What will you do?
As a Senior Software Engineer you will
- Develop enhanced self-service features for viewing order information, setting up returns, cancellations and other high impact post order actions.
- Architect and lead major initiatives on the team.
- Challenge existing architectural/code quality and advocate for improvements by setting new standards.
- Work on problems of scale - we have a global audience, you will help build systems that are highly performant, reliable and fault tolerant for users across US, Canada and Europe.
- Be a strong partner to Product Managers and help in running sprint estimations and backlog grooming.
- Be a mentor for junior Engineers on the team.
Who you are?
- A team player - someone who easily adapts to the situation and puts the team agenda first.
- Someone who is passionate about providing the best customer experience.
- 3-5+ years of professional experience as a full stack software engineer.
- 3-5+ years of OOP using PHP, C++, C# or Java (must be willing to learn PHP).
- 3+ years of SQL (Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, must be willing to learn T-SQL) & relational database schema design.
- Experience gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements.
- Great communication skills and ability to communicate development with business users
- Undergraduate or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Back to top