Senior Software Developer- Supply Chain
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. We’re the creative builders solving complex business problems through the newest and most innovative software in e-commerce. From our Proprietary Logistics to Platform Development, to key Infrastructure Engineering, we leverage various techniques to create our own innovative platforms’ and engineering tools! Our agile continuous deployment environment promotes frequent releases to production. We move fast, build to scale and approach each challenge with agility and creativity.
(Inbound Logistics/ Strategic Leaders)
We are looking for experienced, Full-Stack Engineering Leader to join our Inbound Logistics Team. Inbound owns the complex world of International Supply Chain. With an ever-evolving logistical complexity, this newly formed team aims to perfect ocean shipping across the globe. Working with critical suppliers to help them consolidate product and come up with creative solutions to meet their shipping needs. They prototype, build, and scale the tools used by Wayfair on an International Domain.
The team is looking for people to help our ongoing efforts to scale, including building a custom web portal for the supplier, so they can update, track and adjust shipping inventory from anywhere in the world. We are looking for a candidate who is strong in creating API’s, dashboards and has a strong familiarization with various automation tools. Candidates who have a strong understand of best practices when it comes to Micro-services, Kubernetes and containerization are preferred but not required.
If you have a background working with complex data systems and platform development, while fast iteration in an agile environment, this is the role for you. We deeply value curiosity, collaboration, and an eagerness to make an impact on the business.
What You'll Do
Lead technical road-maps, design, and implementation within a team of high performing engineers that will shape the future of Inbound Logistics and how Wayfair strategically moves very large items from suppliers to warehouses across the world.
- Actively network within Engineering to establish rapport with other leaders across the organization
- Mentors new hires and other engineers to help them “level up” and become more proficient by example, tech talks, pairing, and other avenues to increase technical efficiency across the organization.
- Handle ambiguity with limited oversight; leverage technical acumen, experience, and network to answer questions and remove roadblocks.
- Propose and own initiatives to completion while balancing various trade offs including speed to delivery vs ongoing maintainability and others.
- Provide high-quality code reviews and technically complex architectural designs
- Bring in new ideas from other internal teams as well as external best practices
- Participates with leadership in making decisions around road-maps
- Collaborates well with senior management, product managers, and all other stakeholders
What You'll Need
- Mastery of a modern programming language (preferably Python)
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Experience leading a large, cross-cutting technical initiative to delivery
- Proficient in cross-functional consensus building and influencing without authority
- Proficient in designing systems at scale
- Proficient in effective troubleshooting and issue resolution techniques
- Proficient in a modern frontend framework (preferably React)
- Proficient in writing SQL queries against a relational database
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and the world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top