Senior Security Engineer
- Boston, MA
Wayfair is the online leader for home furnishings and decor. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 8 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more.
Who We Are
The Infrastructure and Cloud Security Team is responsible for protecting Wayfair’s production systems wherever they may live. We constantly seek innovative and automated ways to implement security throughout the Wayfair environment. We also thrive on generating and enriching security data for incident responders so they are well informed about the threats we face. We are looking to bring on an experienced Senior Security Engineer who can help us prototype and build core pieces of security infrastructure. This person should have extensive experience in and a well-rounded knowledge of applying security engineering principles in a large and technologically diverse enterprise environment.
What You’ll Do
- Designing and prototyping technology solutions that solve security challenges within the realm of PKI, authentication and authorization, and encryption key management.
- Designing security solutions that are low cost, efficient, scalable, and cloud agnostic.
- Solving security problems through tactical synthesis of core infrastructure, code, and automation
- Serving as a primary go-to security advisor for other engineering teams.
- Responding to and remediating relevant security incidents.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in IT, CS, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in a security or information technology related field
- A thorough and deep understanding of security engineering principles and best practices such as encryption, identity and access management, network security, and PKI.
- The ability to solve security problems with multiple solutions and thoroughly explain the risks and tradeoffs of each.
- In-depth knowledge of industry standards such as OAuth2, OpenID, x.509, TLS, TCP/IP, SSH, and SAML
- Fundamental understanding of industry regulations such as PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, and GDPR.
- Strong knowledge of both Windows and Linux system administration principles.
- Experience with cloud solutions such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience with containers and orchestration technology such a Docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with Big Data and Distributed System technology such as Hadoop and Kafka.
- Working knowledge of Python or other modern scripting language
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong willingness to learn and tackle new challenges
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top