Senior Project Manager - Construction
The Project Manager will be a key member of the Wayfair Industrial Engineering team. The PM will work closely with both the IE team and the various Warehouse Operations groups. The PMs primary role is to own projects from start to finish, identify and implement new facility and existing facility related projects, support tracking of key performance indicators & deliver projects in a timely fashion with the planned budgets. The PM will own scope, schedule and cost of various projects. PM experience required. Experience in industrial construction, warehouse or manufacturing preferred. PMP Preferred with strong AutoCad Design stills. Experience in understanding mechanical, electrical and plumbing requirements as well as low voltage is required. Sortation and automation experience in fulfillment or distribution a plus.
- On design-build projects, assist the design team during the design phase. Identify inefficiencies and recommend changes to keep project on budget while still meeting the required specifications.
- Provides project management support for new construction and existing facilities by interfacing between key team members—external and internal.
- Track and communicate weekly project schedule updates to all teams.
- Review and address plan details, resolve issues before they result in either financial or schedule impacts to the project.
- Maintain continual open communication with Wayfair teams and all vendor partners.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Wayfair building and fit-up specifications for consistent execution of new projects.
- Practices safe work procedures, and follows all safety rules at all times.
- Travel required – 40% to 60%.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or General Engineering or 10+ Years of hands on field work
- 7+ years of experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of hands on project management experience or engineering field work in an automated environment
- This individual should be detail oriented, with strong analytical and organizational skills, who is also highly results oriented and proactive.
- Equally important to your success is the ability to effectively communicate with business partners both local and remote; having excellent communication skills; the ability to handle multiple competing priorities; and a strong customer focus.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Ability to identify critical paths and execute (these may change weekly)
- Involvement with senior management both internally and externally
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top