Senior Product Manager - Filters
Title: Senior Product Manager
Category: Product Management
Location: Boston, MA
At Wayfair, our Product Management team is responsible for driving the vision and execution necessary to delight customers with world-class experiences. We are organized into small, fully-empowered teams that combine the speed and agility of a startup (with many former entrepreneurs throughout our leadership) and the firepower of a $5 billion company aggressively investing in its continued growth.
As a Senior Product Manager on Filters, you will have the opportunity to create an experience where tens of millions of customers are able to find exactly what they are looking for, every time, with the highest degree of detail. We’re looking for a data-driven matchmaker who’s up to the challenge of delighting each unique user, drawing from a catalog of over 40 million items, and countless pieces of original content. The measurable goals you set will be based on insights developed through quantitative and qualitative analysis. You’ll drive success through your technical dexterity, comfort developing customer empathy, and ability to rally a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, analysts, data scientists, and fellow product managers around a common goal.
As the CEO of your product, you must have a strong bias for action, be a consummate communicator, be extremely curious, and be willing to identify and fill gaps where necessary to get the job done. You will be asked to break down complex problems and back up your recommendations with quantitative and qualitative reasoning. You will play a central role in organizing and communicating the efforts of a cross-functional team consisting of Engineers, Product Managers, Site Merchandising, Analysts, Data Scientists, and Designers.
What You’ll Do:
● Develop a deep understanding of our users, customer journeys, competition, technology, team, and internal business strategy / goals
● Create a product vision and strategy that will enable us to delight our target users and achieve our business goals
● Translate our product vision / strategy into a well-sequenced roadmap, and ensure that our roadmap evolves as we learn and adjust our business goals
● Partner closely with dedidated Engineering, Analytics, Data Science, Design, and Merchandising teams to execute against your roadmap and continually improve team velocity
● Use quantitative and qualitative data to continually improve our product in ways that matter most to our users and have the biggest impact on our KPIs
● Build strong relationships throughout the organization, to ensure transparency across our roadmaps and surface opportunities to improve our collective velocity, consistency and/or quality through collaboration
● Define, monitor and communicate KPIs for your product area
● 5+ years experience in product management
● Track record of building high-impact consumer products
● Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
● Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
● Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at the senior leadership level
● Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
● Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
● Cross functional leadership experience
● Highly entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer-focused innovation
● Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
● Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
● Experience managing a team is a plus
● Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multivariate testing practices a plus
● BA with strong academic record (strong preference for technical, quantitative, or scientific backgrounds)
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
● Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
● Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
● AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
● DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
● Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
● Perigold, access to the finest home furnishings brands—previously only available in showrooms
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top