Senior Product Manager
Wayfair’s Operations Product Innovation team is looking for a motivated, analytical and creative Product Manager to join the Transportation team. The Transportation team designs and develops the platform that drives the Wayfair Transportation network.
As Wayfair continues to invest in scaling the Wayfair Transportation Network to support rapid growth and an exceptional customer experience, while simultaneously investing in the expansion of new services like the Wayfair Castlegate Fulfillment business (including Inbound Ocean Import and Freight management), it is critical that our technology evolves accordingly to achieve these goals. This role will entail working with business stakeholders to understand business priorities, translating priorities into project scope, defining project impact,, and then collaborating with engineering to develop, launch and iterate projects.
- Identify and prioritize the process and technology changes for a specific functional area of our transportation systems
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency or usability of our existing software
- Translate high-level business objectives into detailed functional specifications
- Develop a tight feedback loop with Operations teams to facilitate constant learning and iteration
- Work closely with engineers to QA and roll out new tools or enhancements, ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved
- When presented with a symptom of a system issue, use SQL, data analytics, and other research tools to find patterns and help identify the root cause
- Work with engineers to effectively triage and solve problems on the fly
- Review KPI’s and metrics to assess the effectiveness of implemented changes and projected benefit of proposed changes.
- Keep stakeholders informed on the plan, progress, results, and roadblocks
Sample projects include:
- Revising the process for picking up returns of bulky items from customers.
- Implementing tools to better predict delivery costs & timeframes for customers.
- Improving features related to our local route planning and delivery tracking mobile app.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience designing application software and data, though no coding experience is needed
- 4+ years related experience in product management, business process analysis and improvement
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; willingness to get into the details and drive clarity from ambiguity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; bias toward over-communication
- Creative thinking and constant desire to make processes better
- Ability to drive projects cross-functionally and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Attention to detail
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, while having fun doing it
- An easy-going attitude, thick skin, and a strong sense of humor
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Back to top