Senior Product Manager
Wayfair’s Operations Product Innovation team is looking for a Product Manager to develop new tools, technologies, and business processes for Wayfair’s internal platforms. You will be working with VPs, senior directors, and software engineers to define product requirements, design, lead implementation, and drive an agenda for deployment of best-in-class solutions.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading product initiatives from conception through execution. S/he must be a creative thinker who can handle multiple tasks simultaneously with efficiency and effectiveness. S/he must have leadership capabilities to help manage multiple teams while delivering on deadlines and maintaining a high bar for solution design, quality and value.
Who we are: Operations Product Innovation (OPI) is an internal consulting team with an objective to improve business outcomes with the use of technology. OPI analyzes the operations of our business (Customer Service, Outbound Sales, Product Catalog Management, Fulfillment, Warehousing, Finance and Talent Operations) and find opportunities to improve business outcomes and deliver value. OPI then works with engineering teams to build systems to realize those opportunities.
In this role you will:
- Turn high-level business requirements into detailed specs for software development
- Work closely with software engineers and operations analysts to design and test new tools, design workflows, change-manage implementation, and solve problems.
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency, improve the usability of our tools, and analyze root causes
- Work cross functionally to prioritize competing interests and focus project plans on the highest impact activities
Responsibilities may include:
- Work closely with other product managers and stakeholders to conceive and execute on product initiatives
- Defining product requirements to the user experience and visual design teams to help them understand product positioning, key benefits, and the target audience
- Defining product release requirements for the technical teams
- Facilitate communication throughout the product development process across a variety of teams
- Connect and communicate the product vision to stakeholders and teams company wide
Who we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience with product development, preferably with internally developed tools supporting internal users
- A demonstrated record of product management with results orientation
- Experience in iterative software delivery methodologies – Agile, SCRUM, etc.
- Creative thinking with product solution mindset
- Technical and analytical aptitude or background
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology, business discipline, or MBA a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Back to top