Senior Product Manager
Wayfair’s Operations Product Innovation - Service Products team is looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to lead the Order Management product team through the design and implementation of best-in-class internally facing order management tools and capabilities for our global Customer Service organization. You will be partner with VPs, senior directors, directors and other stakeholders to understand the organization's internal customer service needs and lead a team of 6+ product owners & product managers to identify gaps in current product capabilities, define product design & functional requirements/capabilities, and execute on those through implementation & deployment (including planning, rollout, post-launch support, etc.).
Who we are: Operations Product Innovation is an internal product management team that seeks to make things run more efficiently and improve operational processes through the use of technology. We analyze the operations of our business (Customer Service, Outbound Sales, Product Catalog Management, Fulfillment, and Warehousing) and find opportunities to improve customer experience, improve internal team productivity and reduce costs. Then we work with our engineering teams to build systems to realize those opportunities.
In This Role You Will:
- Lead a team of product owners and product managers (6+) to drive proactive product management agenda and roadmap across key internally facing order management tools and functional areas:
- Proactively assess performance of the order management toolset (i.e., how well they work, how successful are customers in completing actions, what are key pain points or gaps, etc.)
- Identify key areas to improve usability, agent efficiency and first contact resolution (FCR)
- Drive the execution on those improvement efforts across the Order Management team
- Drive the roadmap of internal user experience (UX)improvements and cost savings through identifying ongoing opportunities to increase efficiency, improve the usability of existing tools, and evaluating new functionality/capabilities to fill identified gaps
- Develop a deep understanding of current user workflows with tools
- Work closely with key stakeholders and other internal teams to identify key business needs and how the internally-facing order management tools and function need to evolve to accommodate the ongoing needs of the business
- Work cross functionally to prioritize competing interests and focus project plans and the team on the highest impact activities
Who We’re Looking For
- A demonstrated record of strong product management and driving results (preferably e-commerce), ideally with internal end-user tools & systems
- Strong team leadership & development experience (coaching, mentoring, growing teams)
- Strong UX/UI background - Ability to define and set a product vision/direction in terms of the user experience and overall usability
- Strong quantitative reasoning and ability to proactively deep dive and dig into data and KPIs to assess internal user behavior and to identify key improvements to the tool sets
- Ability to work independently and motivate and lead teams to move beyond existing practices
- Exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinking with customer focused mindset
- Technical and analytical aptitude or background (enough to be dangerous)
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology, business discipline, or MBA a plus
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline
- 6+ years of experience in operations, retail, engineering, consulting and/or finance with a history of driving results
- Highly Desired: Prior experience with building out internal admin or service tools a strong plus
- Proven track record of managing and executing large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving and communicating recommendations
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to elicit and create business requirement documents
- Comfortable interfacing with senior level leadership
- Can work independently with minimal direction
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top