Senior Procurement Analyst
Senior Procurement Analyst, Large Parcel Operations Excellence
Wayfair is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to create a truly differentiated customer experience for large parcel items (e.g., couches, tables, vanities). To enable this differentiated experience, Wayfair is investing heavily to create the first-ever national large parcel supply chain all the way to the consumer’s home. This is an exciting, fast-paced, and high-visibility initiative and we are looking for leaders who can help disrupt the status quo and redefine an industry.
The Large Parcel Operations Excellence team is looking for a Procurement Senior Analyst who will help lead the strategic sourcing and procurement of a versatile and committed group of carriers that serves as a competitive advantage to deliver high performance at low costs. This individual will be innovative, process driven, and team oriented with an entrepreneurial and scrappy approach to problems. This candidate must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment with Wayfair growing at an unprecedented 50% year over year.
What you will do:
- Develop applicable sourcing strategies and iterate on ways to improve sourcing process
- Discover ideal carriers who are complementary partners to our mission
- Engage and reengage carriers to build and maintain relationships
- Negotiate with the carriers to drive savings and identify ideal carriers to join our network
- Establish project timelines and meet deadlines to satisfy business requirements
- Collaborate with teams across the Large Parcel departments to continue to grow our delivery network
- Examine existing contracts and determine areas of opportunity
- Provide structured analytical and business support for designing and implementing Large Parcel projects and initiatives
- Analyze risk and perform risk management of supply base
- Identify areas for improvement, define best practices and drive enhancements within Large Parcel’s carrier procurement processes as it relates to final mile delivery
Who we are looking for:
- Natural-born communicator – you are approachable, confident and enthusiastic. You communicate (both verbal and written) detail processes in a simple and concise manner making information easy to understand and engaging at all levels
- Self-starter – you set goals and go after them passionately
- Flexible and quick on your feet – you are comfortable speaking with people and answering questions you may not be prepared for
- Microsoft Office Expert – you’re always being asked, “How did you do that?” when you’re working in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Detail-oriented and organized – you have an eye for detail and remember to cross your “T’s” and dot your “I’s.”
- Rapid decision-maker – you have no problem making decisions quickly and confidently
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Comfortable with and able to analyze large sets of data, pull out insights, and then proactively communicate those insights
- Execution – you have a strong ability to make a plan come to life with a creative approach quickly
- Travel expectation: 10-15%
- Experience with:
- SQL or other database querying experience
- Project Management
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top