Wayfair, the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and housewares in the US, is looking for a motivated Senior Photographer for their Westborough, MA Studio. The right candidate will have; interior, lifestyle photography experience, a managerial or lead background, innovative and success driven initiatives.
A Day in the Life
As a Senior Photographer, you will be responsible for following the visual standards set by WAYFAIR and its Lifestyle brands, while continually driving teams to excellence through coaching, training and process improvement. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Photograph products and lifestyle images for Wayfair and its affiliate brands
- Work closely with Managing Lead Photographer and Art Director to develop you and your teams technical lighting abilities
- Manage, delegate, and complete assigned photography projects
- Provide detailed asset management, file naming, and image drops
- Collaborate with post production for set and merchandise challenges
- Collaborate with Senior Staff and peers to improve process efficiency
- Oversee photography projects and initiatives
- Be a brand expert on lighting techniques that define the brand and be able to articulate and coach others to achieve
- Build and drive team/corporate culture
- Communicate with a direct, self-assured, and constructive approach
- Manage and train Associate and Staff Photographers, this includes but is not limited to; equipment uses, modifiers, lighting techniques, safety, best practices, industry standards, organization, camera settings, capture software, editing software, continuous and strobe lighting, asset management
- Work closely with Post Production, Stylists, Art Directors, Photographers, and Project Managers
- Produce video assets and stop motion animation for digital media
- Demonstrate mastery in strobe lighting techniques
- Collectively work well under pressure, quickly solve problems, and excel in a high-volume, deadline-driven ecommerce studio environment
- Have experience with recent use of Capture One, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Bridge, Acrobat, Microsoft Office, Mac OS
Keys to Success
At Wayfair, if you are Optimistic, Energetic, Innovative, Dynamic, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Driven, you will thrive here!
- Online photography portfolio
- Bachelor’s Degree in photography or equivalent
- 5+ year studio photography, preferably in retail, catalog advertising is a plus
- Managerial or Lead experience
- Expert knowledge working with in studio, strobe lighting. Preferably Profoto heads and power packs, Canon camera systems and optics
- Knowledge of all photographic formats and files
- Knowledge of color management and photo/video equipment
- Knowledge of a wide variety of digital photo systems, software and workflows
- Technical knowledge of camera types, image processing and color temperature/balancing
Nice to Haves
- Internal Wayfair application knowledge
- 3 + years of experience managing in a fast-paced commercial photography studio
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top