Senior Manager, Web Analytics
- Boston, MA
Web Analytics Manager/Sr. Manager
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. The Wayfair websites generates over 100M clicks from the millions of customers that visit our sites every day to discover and purchase home goods. The Web Analytics team is focused on understanding and optimizing customer behavior as a key enabler for the company to move fast and iterate quickly on big business problems. We swing big, knowing our customers won’t benefit from micro optimizations . With a specific focus on our customer facing sites, the (Sr) Web Analytics Manager will directly lead a team of analysts and will partner across Product, Engineering and Creative to design onsite tests and analyze customer shopping patterns to improve our site. The team provides critical data (via visualization, analysis and optimization) to the business partners to drive strategic and tactical decisions across our website.
What You'll Do
- Define the strategic analytic agenda for a specific focus on the customer facing sites to unlock insights and guide the business – everything from identifying, testing and optimizing new features to broad level strategic direction that is grounded in data evidence and heavy analytical rigor.
- Work with the Data Engineering leadership to define the business requirements for infrastructure needs.
- Proactively monitor customer behavior on our websites to identify potential issues, determine root causes and resolve.
- Lead a team of analysts that are responsible for executing the strategic testing and web analytics and insights agenda.
- Work closely with all facets of the organization including product management, engineering, creative design, marketing and data science on your focus area.
- Proactively identify areas where advanced analytical efforts can produce a strong value add and working them into the road map.
- Oversee the development of analytic models that drive insights into customer behavior
- Communicate key insights and recommendations to cross-functional executive leaders across the organization
- Hire, manage and mentor future leaders. Ensuring the team is being challenged, coached, exposed to new opportunities, and learning, while still being able to deliver on ambitious goals.
What You'll Need
- Experience with SQL (incl. Aggregate functions, joins, etc.) or structured computer programming language(s) (e.g. Python, Java, R, SAS).
- Experience with experimental design and/or statistical analysis to drive business decision making
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, economics, statistics, MIS, or other quantitative discipline with strong academic record; Masters preferred.
- Experience with visualization tools (e.g., Tableau) or BI software (SSAS, Microstrategy, Cognos). Experience in working with large and complex SQL databases.
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and technical abilities along with problem solving skills
- Demonstrated success influencing senior level stakeholders on strategic direction based on recommendations backed by in-depth analysis; Strong written and verbal communication
- Prior experience proactively identifying areas where analytical efforts can produce a strong business value add
- Experience designing and implementing highly visible, complex, and innovative analytical solutions
- Experience in mentoring and developing of a team of technically-savvy analysts.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top