Senior Manager, Web Analytics
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. The Wayfair websites generates over 100M clicks from the millions of customers that visit our sites every day to discover and purchase home goods. The Web Analytics team is focused on understanding and optimizing customer behavior as a key enabler for the company to move fast and iterate quickly on big business problems.
We swing big, knowing our customers won’t benefit from micro optimizations . With a specific focus on our customer facing sites, the (Sr) Web Analytics Manager will directly lead a team of analysts and will partner across Product, Engineering and Creative to design onsite tests and analyze customer shopping patterns to improve our site. The team provides critical data (via visualization, analysis and optimization) to the business partners to drive strategic and tactical decisions across our website.
What You’ll Do:
- Define the strategic analytic agenda for a specific focus on the customer facing sites to unlock insights and guide the business – everything from identifying, testing and optimizing new features to broad level strategic direction that is grounded in data evidence and heavy analytical rigor.
- Proactively monitor customer behavior on our websites to identify potential issues, determine root causes and resolve.
- Lead a team of analysts that are responsible for executing the strategic testing and web analytics and insights agenda.
- Work closely with all facets of the organization including product management, engineering, creative design, marketing and data science on your focus area.
- Proactively identify areas where advanced analytical efforts can produce a strong value add and working them into the roadmap.
- Oversee the development of analytic models that drive insights into customer behavior
- Communicate key insights and recommendations to cross-functional executive leaders across the organization
- Hire, manage and mentor future leaders. Ensuring the team is being challenged, coached, exposed to new opportunities, and learning, while still being able to deliver on ambitious goals.
What You Have:
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and technical abilities along with problem solving skills
- Demonstrated success influencing senior level stakeholders on strategic direction based on recommendations backed by in-depth analysis; Strong written and verbal communication
- Prior experience proactively identifying areas where analytical efforts can produce a strong business value add
- Experience designing and implementing highly visible, complex, and innovative analytical solutions
- Experience in mentoring and developing of a team of technically-savvy analysts.
- Experience with SQL (incl. Aggregate functions, joins, etc.) or structured computer programming language(s) (e.g. Python, Java, R, SAS).
- Experience with experimental design and/or statistical analysis to drive business decision making
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, economics, MIS, or other quantitative discipline with strong academic record; Masters preferred.
What We'd Love To See (but isn't required):
- Experience with visualization tools (e.g., Tableau) or BI software (SSAS, Microstrategy, Cognos). Experience in working with large and complex SQL databases.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top