Senior Manager, Supply Chain Analytics
Senior Manager - Supply Chain Analytics (Supply Chain Process Improvement)
Do you enjoy problem solving and using analytical models to help make real-world decisions? If so, the Supply Chain Analytics team at Wayfair is looking to add you as a Senior Manager to our rapidly growing team! Within this role, you will apply your quantitative skills in a highly collaborative environment to meet business-critical supply chain challenges head on and ultimately propel Wayfair from a $6B company to $15B and beyond!
If you’re passionate about driving business impact through quantitative, process-driven insights by building, improving, and sustaining analytical best practices and enjoy the challenge of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, then this is a unique opportunity for you!
Who we are: The Supply Chain Analytics team is the go-to source for the analytics needs of the Wayfair Operations group, which is rapidly growing Wayfair’s asset-based supply chain capabilities. Members of the team serve as internal, cross-functional consultants supporting the Operations group on a wide array of strategic and operational decisions including network and transportation design, 3rd-party carrier strategy, warehouse footprint optimization, and inventory planning.
What you will do: Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain Analytics you will:
- Partner with business stakeholders to define opportunities, identify key business drivers, and frame how an analytical approach can contribute to an overall strategy or solution
- Translate high-level business problems into specific workstreams that can be answered using data-driven analyses and work with stakeholders to get buy-in on the anticipated approach and timelines
- Lead teams of other supply chain analysts to successfully complete analysis deliverables with high standards of quality, timeliness, and rigor to build and maintain the trust of our internal stakeholders
- Synthesize results of analytical work and present insights with a clear point of view and storyline to enable fact-based decision-making within the business
- Apply an impact-focused, entrepreneurial lens to proactively identify, develop, and implement business and process improvement initiatives that capture cost and/or service benefits across all aspects Wayfair’s supply chain
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Economics, Statistics, Engineering or other concentrations with a heavy quantitative focus
- At least 5+ years of experience in an analytical or consulting role, preferably with supply chain or logistics experience including experience completing analytical projects and presenting actionable insights to senior leaders
- 3+ years of experience managing small teams to successfully complete analytics-based projects
- Hands-on experience using analytical tools and techniques to solve complex business problems, including proficiency using SQL, R, Python, or other languages on large datasets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to work with stakeholders and cross-functional teams across all aspects of the project lifecycle
- Positive, people-oriented, and energized by working in a high-performance, fast-paced industry
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top