Senior Manager, Supply Chain Advanced Analytics
The Supply Chain Analytics team is looking to add a Senior Manager to their Carrier Finance and Optimization group! This person will apply quantitative skills to answer critical strategic business questions and support operational initiatives.
Who we are: The supply chain analytics teams are internal consulting groups that seek to improve operational efficiency by building quantitative models. They serve as the go-to source for analytics needs for the Wayfair Operations team: from Transportation & Logistics to Warehouse Operations & Inventory Positioning.
What you will do:
- Partner with various business stakeholders to identify key factors and requirements for each project, and get buy-in for project methodology
- Scope high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Present insights and recommendations clearly to the leadership team to drive business strategy
- Contribute to big data analysis using SQL and other software applications
- Optimize intra-Canada crossdock shipments by analyzing the relative shipping costs across multiple carriers and inbound/outbound shipping lanes for a potential annual savings of $2MM CAD.
- Selection of least-cost solution for reverse logistics bound for Erlanger warehouse.
- Building a nationwide carrier portfolio optimization model to determine the most efficient and profitable distribution of Wayfair volume. This model drives selection of the best overall damage, cost and transit time trade-offs for over 10 million shipments a year.
- Create small parcel carrier invoice audit tools/process that has resulted in $7.5MM on cost avoidance.
- Create real-time analysis tools for use in $350MM/year carrier contract negotiations.
Who you are:
- You have at least 3+ years of experience in an analytical/consulting role, preferably with supply chain or logistics experience
- You have at least 1 year of experience executing on projects and presenting business cases to senior leadership
- FP&A experience preferred
- VBA experiencce preferred
- You are exceptionally strong at using Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables and pivot charts
- You have a master’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Physics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- You possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- You are passionate about solving complex business problems
- You are positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic, and can easily work with others, regardless of their analytical proficiency or technical competency
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Back to top