Senior Manager, Service Innovation
Are you process-driven? Do you enjoy driving change? Are you passionate about continuous improvement? If yes, keep reading about an exciting new opportunity with Wayfair!
If you're unfamiliar with Wayfair- we are a rapidly growing eCommerce company headquartered out of Downtown Boston with an extremely collaborative, dynamic, and data-driven culture!
At Wayfair, we have a very robust Sales & Service team that is building a new dedicated Service Innovation team! Our Sales & Service teams are in Utah, Texas, Maine, and Massachusetts, Ireland, and Germany, and are focused on exceptional service and positive shopping experiences for our customers. The Service Innovation team serves as an internal consulting function for Sales & Service and will be responsible for data-driven findings that create value across all customer touchpoints with Wayfair.
A key part of our Service Innovation team, the Senior Manager, will own major initiatives for our team to drive continuous improvement and propel our service experience to new levels of delight for Wayfair customers.
The Senior Manager will be in a highly cross-functional, general management role where you are the primary owner to identify strategic opportunities for the team through rigorous analysis and rapid execution of structured solutions.
- Collaborate with functional management teams and key business stakeholders to design, develop & implement strategies for improving business processes and support systems.
- Work with cross-functional teams to optimize processes that support our strategic initiative roadmap and help to build capabilities that support an effortless customer experience.
- Partner with Engineering and third-party tools teams to design workflows and technical enhancements designed to improve efficiency, time to resolution and reduce error in current processes.
- Develop fact-based, data-driven measurements of business performance in collaboration with the business owners.
- Provide program management ownership and internal consulting expertise for Sales & Service projects.
- Analyze and improve existing business processes, presenting data-driven recommendations to executive leadership.
- Design new processes as part of product launches or new lines of business.
- Focus on optimizing activities for scaled or vertically focused Sales & Service teams.
- Work cross-functionally to prioritize competing interests and focus project plans on the highest impact activities.
- Partner with Operations, Engineering, Marketing, and other functions to drive continuous improvement and transform our customer experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in discipline such as: engineering, technology, or business discipline preferred.
- Masters or MBA from top tier school strongly desired with management consulting experience.
- 5 + years of experience demonstrating project management and driving results in process improvement capacity, management consulting, or equivalent.
- 2 + years management experience
- Strong analytical background operating with large data sets to identify trends and actionable insights.
- Proficiency in Excel & SQL required, or other data processing and analytics tools preferred.
- Experience using process improvement/Lean methodologies.
- Understanding of Lean, Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, collaborating with cross-functional team.
- Entrepreneurial spirit or prior experience in a high performance, fast-paced industry.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Back to top