Senior Manager, Operations & Analytics
At Wayfair, we have a very robust Supply Chain team that transforming the industry.
A key part of our Inbound Supply Chain Operations team, the Sr. Operations Manager / Process Improvement Manager, will own major initiatives for our team to drive continuous improvement and propel our service experience to new levels of delight for Wayfair customers and our supplier partners.
The Sr. Manager of Process Improvement will be in a highly cross-functional, general management role where you are the primary owner to identify strategic opportunities for the team through rigorous analysis and rapid execution of structured solutions.
- Collaborate with functional management teams and key business stakeholders to design, develop & implement strategies for improving business processes and support systems.
- Work with cross-functional teams to optimize processes that support our strategic initiative roadmap and help to build capabilities that support an effortless customer experience.
- Partner with Engineering and third-party tools teams to design workflows and technical enhancements designed to improve efficiency, time to resolution and reduce error in current processes.
- Develop fact-based, data-driven measurements of business performance in collaboration with the business owners.
- Provide program management ownership and internal consulting expertise for Inbound Logistics projects.
- Analyze and improve existing business processes, presenting data-driven recommendations to executive leadership.
- Design new processes as part of product launches or new lines of business.
- Work cross-functionally to prioritize competing interests and focus project plans on the highest impact activities.
- Partner with Supplier Operations, Inventory Planning, Distribution, Engineering other functions to drive continuous improvement and transform our customer experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in discipline such as: Operations management, process engineering, technology, or similar business discipline preferred.
- Masters or MBA from top tier school strongly desired with management consulting experience.
- 5 + years of experience demonstrating project management and driving results in process improvement capacity, management consulting, or equivalent.
- 2 + years management experience leading direct or indirect reports
- Strong analytical background operating with large data sets to identify trends and actionable insights.
- Proficiency in Excel & SQL preferred, or other data processing and analytics tools preferred.
- Experience using process improvement/Lean methodologies.
- Understanding of Lean, Six Sigma Green/Black Belt or Master Black Belt experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, collaborating with cross-functional team.
- Entrepreneurial spirit or prior experience in a high performance, fast-paced industry.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- DwellStudio, unexpected modern design for everyday life
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.9 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 6,000 people
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top