Senior Manager of Industrial Real Estate
Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment? Do you like to negotiate? Do you want an role that helps a company grow? If yes, the Real Estate team within Wayfair might be the right place for the next step in your career. This person will play a key part in implementing Wayfair’s corporate strategy by driving the process of leasing new warehouse locations in North American to support the growing logistics network. Transactions include all types of leasing activity (new, renewal, expansion, subleasing) and all sizes of industrial real estate product. This position offers high visibility and the opportunity to work closely with several internal stakeholders.
Real Estate is the team within Finance that supports all aspects of Wayfair’s business by acquiring the spaces Wayfair needs to operate. Real Estate is responsible for collaborating with business partners to develop strategic plans for real estate, acquiring new sites and providing management oversight for the real estate portfolio throughout the lease terms.
What you will do:
- Work in partnership with numerous business stakeholders to define strategies, identify key requirements, and gain alignment for real estate solutions
- Drive implementation of strategic plans - negotiate and execute leasing transactions for new and existing warehouse locations throughout North America
- Be a leader by building strong partnership with business partners, other internal stakeholders, legal counsel, landlords, and brokers
- Contribute to improving leasing and portfolio management processes
- Manage real estate costs (rent, capital, occupancy costs)
- Provide day-to-day ad hoc support for managing the portfolio and operational needs
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience in real estate, private equity, banking or consulting
- MBA preferred
- Strong communicator – adept at communicating consistently and effectively with a variety internal stakeholders at all levels of the company
- Successful track record of negotiating
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams simultaneous and work side-by-side with broad range of functions to drive results
- Critical-thinker who is adept at using data to solve complex challenges
- Comfortable with frequent short duration travel
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top