Senior Manager, Network & Transportation Design
The Network & Transportation Design team is looking to add a Senior Manager to their group! This person will apply quantitative skills to answer high-level business and strategy questions and support operational initiatives.
Who we are:
The Supply Chain analytics teams are internal consulting groups that seeks to make things run more efficiently by generating insights from modeling and quantitative analysis. They serve as the go-to source for analytics needs for the Wayfair Operations team: from Transportation & Logistics to Warehouse Operations & Inventory Positioning.
What you will do:
- Be the leader of Supply Chain Design & Transportation Network Modeling
- Partner with various business stakeholders to identify key factors and requirements for each project, and get buy-in for project methodology
- Scope high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Contribute to big data analysis using SQL, R, Python and other software applications
- Present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy
- Optimizing our network in the US has led to the implementation of a hub and spoke design for transportation to the customer. Additional modeling efforts will include a focus on custom logistics solutions such as interleaving stops at suppliers and customers on line haul routes as well as evaluating the impact of adding a new consolidation point.
- Building a nationwide carrier portfolio optimization model to determine the most efficient and profitable distribution of Wayfair volume. This model drives selection of the best overall damage, cost and transit time trade-offs for over 10 million shipments a year.
- Analyzing the optimal way to handle cross border shipments into Canada and design the European network keeping in mind supplier sourcing, demand growth, and multi-country transportation and regulations.
Who you are:
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in an analytical/consulting role preferably with supply chain or logistics experience
- You have a higher degree in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Physics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Previous experience executing on analytical projects and presenting business cases to senior leadership
- Experience working within large datasets and passionate about solving complex business problems
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
- Technical experience using SQL, R, Python, or other languages
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Back to top