Senior Manager - Market Research, NPS and Voice of the Customer
This is a key leadership role in one of our core operational functions and is highly visible with many opportunities for advancement!
What is Wayfair - Large Parcel? Wayfair is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to create a truly differentiated customer experience for large parcel items (e.g., couches, vanities, anything over 150 lbs).
Why Wayfair? To enable this differentiated experience, Wayfair is investing heavily to create the first-ever national large parcel supply chain all the way to the consumer’s home (which we call the Final Mile Delivery).
How does this opportunity fit into the big picture? This is an exciting, fast-paced, and high-visibility initiative and we are looking for leaders who can help disrupt the status quo and redefine an industry.
What you will do? We are looking for a proven leader who will help define what the customer experience is for our large parcel delivery using innovative techniques and thinking to redefine what a large parcel delivery experience is like. This individual will be innovative, process driven, and team oriented with an entrepreneurial and scrappy approach to problems. This candidate must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment with Wayfair growing at an unprecedented 50% year over year.
Role / responsibilities:
- Own the research and offer definition for our proprietary large parcel delivery network, including:
- Market segmentation
- Competitive positioning
- Researching key consumer trends and how they are expected to evolve over the next few years
- Defining the key attributes of a delivery service
- Define and deliver against an agenda to continuously improve performance
- Work with internal and external tech resources to continuously improve our offering
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 4 years professional experience in strategic/customer insights, market research, or relevant work
- Proven analytics ability coupled with strong business acumen – demonstrated ability to use data to drive business decisions, including ability to develop proprietary data sets
- Masters or MBA from top tier school strongly desired with management consulting experience.
- 5 + years of experience demonstrating project management and driving results in market research, management consulting, or equivalent.
- A strong, innovative leader who can think outside the box and cares deeply about the customer experience
- High-energy individual with a can-do attitude. Willing to jump in and work alongside folks of all levels to identify issues and quickly find solutions
- Repeated career success and steep trajectory, preferably with experience in ambiguous, fast-paced, and challenging environments
- Extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented
- Demonstrated history as a team builder and coach
- Able to lead discussions and communicate effectively
- Operations experience
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top