Senior Manager (Inventory Control)
Senior Inventory Control Manager
Wayfair, the nation’s largest distributor of home goods and furnishings is looking for a Senior Manager focused on Inventory compliance across multiple sites.
Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Management of Inventory related functions across our distribution network to achievement of goals for operational metrics, including shipping time, order fill rate, inventory location, and count accuracy.
- Ensure that the annual objectives for cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness are achieved.
- Develop and manage strong leadership team and oversee: training and coaching, evaluation of all employees necessary to meet or exceed goals, and development of the work atmosphere.
- Ensure that safety, security, productivity, and satisfaction of employee align with company objectives.
- Manage warehouse inventory control programs and assure location and count accuracy meets our corporate requirements.
- Actively measure quality and strive for continuous improvement. Continually seek ways to improve the overall distribution process and identify best practices.
- Maintain compliance for areas of responsibility and participate in internal and external audits.
- Self-motivated and willing to drive process change. Active and engaged with teams in and out of an office setting
- Excellent WMS skills with the ability to understand all movement through the WMS.
- Ideally have both internal as well as 3PL experience understanding the impact of a multi-client DC environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; credible with internal stakeholders and external audiences; comfortable meeting with/presenting to executives and senior management.
- Solid analytical, problem identification, and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain a demanding schedule in a dynamic work environment
- Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling warehouse related activities (MSDS, Equipment Checklist, BOL). Your team is always safe and efficient, setting the example for others to follow
- Travel is required to other sites in the region and beyond
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in distribution/management required
- Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent experience in Logistics, Supply Chain, or Business Management.
- Solid competency in Microsoft Office suite, primarily Excel and the use of pivot tables.
- Local candidates preferred.
Back to top