Senior Manager for Promotion Effectiveness (m/f)
The Promotions team in Berlin is looking to add a Senior Manager to join their group! This person will act as global thought leader around promotion effectiveness, own a substantial part of the EU Promotions strategy, and lead a team that provides and coordinates the supporting platform and analytics.
This role will work cross-functionally with Pricing, Brand/Campaigns, Category Planning, and Business Intelligence. The role will also be heavily involved in strategic initiatives (e.g. an automation effort in close alignment with our US business), as well as tactical execution (e.g. coordinating sourcing sprints or driving tool development). There are virtually no limits to how you can grow your role – we love an entrepreneurial spirit!
What You’ll Do
- Create a strongly data-driven Promotions strategy. Formulate clear measures of promotions performance (e.g. uplift, cannibalization), thought-partner with Pricing on the development of new algorithms, as well as drive construction of MVPs and bespoke, in-depth analyses for high-value use cases (e.g. campaign calendar optimization or Black Friday review in collaboration with Brand/Campaigns)
- Continuously drive and optimize Promotions performance, esp. its contribution to overall site growth. Drive a learning and best-practice agenda across EU Promotions. Integrate with global efforts and ensure EU and US roadmaps are aligned. Help build and refine effective category and campaign-specific promotional strategies. Act as gatekeeper for promotional margin invests
- Build a world-class team and manage cross-functional stakeholders. Manage, develop, and grow a team of (initially) 2–3 analysts – in addition to leading cross-functional teams on a project basis. Own the Promotions interfaces with Pricing, Brand/Campaigns, and Business Intelligence; flag issues and drive to resolution
What You’ll Need
- Solid experience in the fields of promotion effectiveness, pricing, and/or a top-level strategy consulting background
- Relevant experience in developing heavily quantitative approaches and assumptions, as well as comfort with larger datasets and advanced analytical methods (incl. some handling of Alteryx, Tableau, SQL, Python, R, or similar tools)
- A degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Business, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus
- A demonstrated ability to manage a high-caliber project team and to produce measurable results – particularly when presented with autonomy to drive priorities and novel approaches in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- A naturally curious and analytical mindset
- Strong organizational and communication skills, coupled with attention to detail. Importantly: a knack for bringing structure to complexity, and synthesizing large amounts of data into concrete next steps
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top