Senior Manager, Exclusive Brands
- Boston, MA
Wayfair is seeking an experienced leader to oversee Merchandising, for our private label exclusive brands. Wayfair Exclusive Brands are new brands created by Wayfair that are designed to tackle emerging categories in fast-growing markets that speak to our customers’ various priorities and price points. Exclusive Brands are sold on Wayfair.com and consist of carefully curated furniture and décor products that meet the needs of our diverse customer base. In addition to carefully selected products, these brands are supported by beautiful lifestyle photography, well written romance copy and well merchandised site treatment.
What You'll Do
The Senior Manager will not only lead assortment planning and buying in our fast growing, home-focused private label brands, you will also oversee key strategic initiatives that will lay the foundation for the business to grow substantially and ensure that our customer continues to find that their unique style is reflected in our catalog. This is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial, focused, and ambitious professional who has a passion for home décor and is interested in taking a key strategic Wayfair initiative to the next level.
- Craft vision, direction and strategy for product in Wayfair private label brands. Drive product assortment and ensure product imagery and site presentation supports the brands.
- Develop assortment plans and category strategy to achieve revenue, conversion and profitability goals, leveraging product instinct, marketplace trends and sales/conversion data
- Align product selections with Brand team for upcoming promotions/offers
- Collaborate with site merchandising team to ensure brands are well positioned on site and products are well displayed
- Lead product assortment review meetings with creative and site merchandising teams
- Developing management reports, KPIs and targets to monitor business health and implement continuous improvement.
- Attend trade shows and exhibits, conduct buying trips on an occasional basis
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Category Management and Promotions effectively to realize deadlines and contribute to overall business strategy
- Maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new product ideas
- Manage a team of Merchants to specific revenue and margin targets
- Lead product insights for company across key categories
- Direct process improvement initiatives across the organization to improve efficiency and workflow
What You'll Need
- 7+ years of experience or 1+ years post MBA experience preferred
- 1+ years management experience preferred
- Buying, merchandising or directly relevant experience within the home furniture, home décor, interiors, housewares, tabletop or lifestyle markets is preferred. Inventory planning and business analytics experience a plus
- Natural instincts for recognizing visually compelling furniture and décor assortment
- Thorough command of the furniture and décor styles
- Thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated experience independently developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy. Advanced excel skills needed
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and a “get it done” attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
- Background in retail or merchandising preferred
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top