Senior Manager, Enterprise Growth Strategy
Enterprise Growth Strategy Leader
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve consumers’ shopping experience, and develop a unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. In order to accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for a talented, driven and entrepreneurial leader to help us profitably grow our core product verticals. In this role, you will work with external partners and internal cross-functional teams to advance CastleGate’s business agenda. You will manage a team that own the relationships with a large group of suppliers and act as a senior sponsor in creating and driving strategic enterprise growth. You will work closely with leaders across Wayfair to help define overall CastleGate strategy and lead high impact initiatives. In this role you will gain great general management experience in e-commerce, negotiations, marketing, merchandising, data analytics, financial analysis, and supply chain. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business.
On our CastleGate Team you will have the ability to: Own and drive a part of the business that has real and immediate impact on the success of Wayfair. Develop and execute transformational strategies that generate a game-changing competitive advantage and enduring customer satisfaction. Partner with a team of smart, motivated and engaged individuals in an environment that is both collaborative and risk taking. Visit the link to hear from one of our Wayfair founders, Niraj Shah, and our team to get a more in-depth understanding of CastleGate: https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhs
What You'll Do
- Build strong relationships with existing suppliers and develop and implement strategies to achieve revenue, operations, and profitability goals through continuous analysis of performance and by identifying new opportunities for expansion.
- Develop a close understanding of suppliers’ businesses, manage and own the P&L for your vertical, determine what services we can sell them to expand our partnerships, negotiate business terms and support your team in these conversations.
- Maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new product ideas and develop relationships with new, target suppliers.
- Lead and develop a team of highly motivated Senior Account Managers and Account Managers and support them in achieving their business and career goals. Work collaboratively with internal teams to improve processes and troubleshoot issues.
- Attend tradeshows to visit key suppliers and source new product to build new supplier relationships. You will develop world class dinner survival skills in “hot spots” like Las Vegas, Chicago, and Orlando.
What You'll Need
- 7+ years experience in one of the following fields, consulting, consultative sales, account management, business development.
- MBA from top tier school
- A successful entrepreneur who has built similar or related product/service offerings, especially in the logistics space.
- An Innovative leader who is looking for an opportunity to lead product category verticals strategy and execution
- Strong analytical experience and comfortable operating with large data sets to identify trends and actionable takeaways.
- Detailed oriented with a strong client or customer management experience skill set. Comfortable in front of C level executives.
- Experience in retail, supply chain, logistics is a plus.
Back to top