Senior Manager, Ecommerce Customer Experience
Senior Manager, Ecommerce Site Merchandising
Wayfair is seeking an entrepreneurial and analytical Senior Manager to drive the site merchandising efforts for key areas and brands of the business. This person will be focused on building a world-class customer experience across a diverse portfolio of growth brands and will be a key player in driving process improvements for the site and establishing merchandising best practices.
The site merchandising department is responsible for defining and executing a “best in class” experience for customers within each of the diverse product classes that make up our catalog. We are relentless about ensuring that the merchandising data, site features, and overall customer experience is the best that it can be. The department is organized by verticals as follows:
- Furniture & Decor
- Housewares and More
- Appliances and More
- Cross- Catalog
The successful Senior Manager will combine an understanding of what drives e-commerce sales, an interest in the home goods retail sector, and a passion for user experience to improve the onsite merchandising strategy. They will build an unparalleled shopping experience in collaboration with team leaders across the company including Category Management, Product/Engineering, Creative, Content, Merchandising Operations, Brand, and Marketing. As an expert on how our customers shop — the Senior Manager will advocate for the needs of our customers and serve as the go-to person for insight on site traffic and merchandising performance.
The ideal candidate is innovative, enthusiastic, and customer-focused with great judgment and creative problem-solving skills. This person will have demonstrated skill with technical tools & processes through website management, digital marketing, advanced data analysis or other similar experience. They will be passionate, organized, and comfortable managing multiple cross-functional projects at once and will have proven success managing a team.
This is a unique leadership role for a highly motivated individual that is interested in joining a high growth company and making an immediate impact.
- Serve as the department subject matter expert on merchandising and traffic to a store/brand or set of categories.
- Relentlessly drive improvements to the site experience through the development and execution of strategic cross-functional projects that will improve conversion rate and drive revenue growth.
- Maintain a strong vision for potential site improvements driven by passion for the customer and brand.
- Analyze site metrics and related data to identify opportunities to improve merchandising and the customer experience across the various sites and product categories.
- Partner across Category Management, Product Management, Merchandising Operations, Brand, and Marketing to drive collaborative projects to completion and ensure cohesive customer experience across all touch points.
- Manage, coach and develop a team of Site Merchandising Associates
- Collaborate with other Site Merchandising teams and apply learnings.
- Perform daily maintenance and merchandising updates on site.
- BA with strong academic record plus 8+ years of experience. MBA is preferred.
- Passionate about the customer with a strong interest in understanding and driving user behavior.
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable working with large data sets and making data-driven decisions. Experience with web analytics strongly preferred.
- Senior presence, able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side across functions and departments and synthesize multiple points of view into a coherent action plan.
- Able to think both creatively and critically. Willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions in making strategic decisions.
- Able to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing operational efficiency and data analysis with high quality standards and a sense of what is “right” for the customer.
- Able to manage many projects and drive multiple threads of work to completion.
- Superb communication skills, clear and concise in both written and verbal communication.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Positive, energetic attitude.
- Able to quickly learn necessary technical tools. Experience with SQL a plus.
- Passion for the home goods market is a plus.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Back to top