Senior Manager Data Science (m/f)
The Data Science group at Wayfair solves some of the most analytically challenging problems facing a rapidly growing Internet leader with millions of customers and complex business operations. We are seeking a team lead, who is well-versed in advanced modelling and machine learning, to take over and own multiple of our European workstreams and to support the further growth of our Berlin Data Science branch.
This particular role will focus on improving customer experience through various personalized and non-personalized recommendation initiatives across multiple channels of communication.
Check out some of the work that we do here:
- Lead a team of data scientists responsible for designing and executing algorithmic solutions
- Serve as consultative partner to business and product leaders to understand their needs and how they translate into models
- Explore opportunities both in terms of business needs and in terms of what is technically feasible
- Plan projects and manage their execution, prioritizing between competing interests and providing technical guidance
- Represent data-science work to stakeholders and teams company-wide
- BA/BS/MS/or PhD, with strong academic record, ideally in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Operations Research, Economics, or other quantitative field
- Significant experience in a Data Science role in a corporate, start-up, or research environment
- Previous experience leading a team and developing direct reports
- Hands-on technical experience in advanced modelling and machine learning, high comfort level with programming (i.e. Python/R or similar, SQL)
- Strong talent for effective communication
- Intense intellectual curiosity – strong desire to always be learning
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
And finally, a bit more about Data Science at Wayfair:
The Data Science group is made up of team members with diverse skill sets across math and engineering, dedicated to solving some of the most analytically challenging problems here at Wayfair. The work we do encompasses:
- Data mining - uncover deep insight hidden in our vast repository of raw data, and provide tactical guidance on how act on findings
- Algorithm design - develop quantitative models, leveraging machine learning and advanced data analysis techniques
- Algorithm platform engineering - design and build technical platforms for our algorithmic engines to run at scale
- Influencing business decisions - leverage our work and encourage adoption across our business partners to drive business value
The Data Science department covers three main topic areas. You will work in one of the following:
Data Science Personalization builds sophisticated platforms designed to personalize customer experience to millions of unique shoppers across site and email. This includes working on different types of recommendations engines, as well as algorithms that machine-learn complex shopping behavior. The goal is to be intelligent and automated in making the experience more relevant for every user.
Data Science Marketing builds the framework and algorithms that help guide Wayfair’s $400M+ annual marketing investment. The work touches all marketing channels (TV, catalog and digital) and aims to improve our ability to measure marketing impact, improve our customer targeting and optimize our investments across millions of marketing campaigns.
Data Science Operations builds data-driven solutions to support Wayfair operations teams, including Merchandising Operations, B2B, Supplier Performance, and Customer Service. The big goals are to enhance Wayfair’s behind-the-scenes operational capabilities through rigorous use of algorithms and analysis.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top