Senior Manager, Competitive Intelligence (m/f/x)
- Berlin, Germany
Are you looking to join a team that is developing truly cutting-edge capabilities? Are you excited about the opportunity to unlock the power of Big Data’ assets? Would you enjoy being part of developing one of Wayfair’s crucial competitive advantages? Are you excited about the opportunity to become a thought leader on Wayfair’s rapidly evolving competitive landscape?
Competitive Intelligence focuses on optimizing Wayfair’s strategic positioning within the rapidly evolving competitive e-commerce landscape. This cross-functional and entrepreneurial team uses Big Data and cutting edge advanced analytics capabilities to build analytical products and identify insights that impact every major business function at the company; the unique, external market perspective brought by this team complements our robust internal data asset to guide Wayfair in making more informed decisions.
What You'll Do
- You will lead a team of ~5 analysts and junior managers to drive direct business impact from a rich data set
- Develop analytical methodologies to answer strategic business questions across the organization
- Prototype data-driven, dynamic tools that enable key stakeholders throughout Wayfair to be more efficient, targeted and strategic in their day-to-day decisions
- Partner with key stakeholders in Category Management, Merchandising, and Pricing to understand strategic knowledge gaps and develop new processes and insights together
- Work closely with managers of the global, x-functional Wayfair team to develop and follow project roadmaps, including key activities, stakeholder engagement, and milestones
- Create visualizations and dashboards to effectively communicate insights from various analyses
- Contribute innovative and strategic ideas to help shape a relatively new team, and continue to drive impact across the organization
What You'll Need
- Masters or PhD Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Business, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus
- Significant professional work experience in an analytical and stakeholder facing role, e.g., at a consulting firm, technology startup or Research Institute
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team and produce strong results
- Strong quantitative skills – ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data software to conduct the analyses, and synthesize findings
- Strong communication skills – ability to succinctly summarize and share results with key stakeholders
- Intellectually curious, high energy, and strong work ethic; passionate about working with, normalizing, and synthesizing large amounts of data into actionable insights
- Attentive to detail with strong quality control
- Coding (R, Python) and SQL familiarity
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top