Senior Manager, 3D Imagery Operations (m/f/x)
- Berlin, Germany
Are you curious about what the next generation of e-commerce will look like and how billions will shop in the next 5-10 years? Do you want to be a part owner at revolutionary company, where you’ll contribute to complex business cases?
At Wayfair, we are redefining the way our customers can shop for furniture & home goods, using cutting edge technologies. We are looking for self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity, and passion for driving digital solutions.
The 3D Operations team is a rapidly growing team at Wayfair and one of Wayfair’s top initiatives. For ecommerce, images sell products, however the traditional method of creating images in a photo studio is time consuming and expensive. Wayfair is partnering with Google, Facebook, and other leaders in the industry to disrupt the imagery space and shift the industry towards the creation of computer-generated 3D product models and rooms that can be combined to create imagery for products at a grand scale for a fraction of the cost. These 3D models also enable the new way of shopping for customers through exciting AR/VR initiatives.
Wayfair is shifting the industry towards 3D and we’re just getting started. Since this is a new area, expertise in 3D modeling or 3D imagery is not a requirement. If you are driven by making a large impact and redefining the industry, then this is the right team for you.
The 3D Operations team is looking for an analytically savvy and forward-thinking Senior Manager to own and drive the 3D Imagery strategy by proactively identifying areas to generate impact for our suppliers and customers. You will also provide thought partnership to executive leaders across the organization on how imagery can drive business results.
What You'll Do:
- Design experiments and perform deep-dive analyses using advanced statistical techniques to shape imagery strategy across Wayfair
- Translate complex business problems into specific questions that can then be answered through data-driven analysis
- Partner with various stakeholders to identify project requirements, obtain buy-in for project methodology, and integrate your solutions into daily operational processes
- Analyze big data to extract valuable insights, opportunities, and action items that influence our operations
- Communicate findings with a clear point of view and compelling visualizations so your insights can be used to help drive business strategy and technology projects
- Become a subject matter expert on our Merchandising data sets, reporting, and analytics tools
- Proactively identify efficiency opportunities within the department, then architect and implement solutions
- Work closely with all facets of the organization including product management, engineering, creative, and storefront to drive your workstream forward
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of experience or 1+ years post MBA experience preferred in technology, consulting or other analytical roles
- A blend of strong technical aptitude and business acumen with a passion for solving complex business problems with data and technology
- Proficiency in SQL or Python as well as a demonstrated ability to learn new technologies
- Experience with Excel VBA and/or R-Studio are a plus
- Positive, enthusiastic, and people-oriented with a strong work ethic
- Highly analytical mindset and great networking skills who enjoys coaching people
- Eager to work in a multi-faceted role which is challenging both operationally with multiple partners (internal and external)
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Preferably Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or other quantitative discipline
You’ll be a great fit if you’re any combination of the following:
You believe in failing fast, learning, testing and iterating. You’re ambitious and routinely bite off more than you can chew. You’re flexible, humble, and confident and are a stellar cross-functional partner across product and creative teams. No 3D experience necessary, but an interest in and experience with cutting edge technology is a plus.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top