- Boston, MA
Your Role at Wayfair
- Write scalable, performant, readable, and tested frontend code
- Take ownership of certain features and deliver them in collaboration with other engineers, product managers and designers
- Lead software architecture and design phases for new features, providing design feedback based on a strong working knowledge of software design principles.
- Provide mentorship and guidance for peers and more junior engineers
- Prioritize your own work and manage timely responses to requests from product managers
- Complete technical discoveries to turn large ambiguous user stories into actionable work.
- Prototype new features and approaches for experimentation and idea validation
- Own communications for issue or roadblock escalation and understands when and how to do so effectively
- Work closely with product designers and colleagues from across the organization to introduce new features
- Write documentation!
- Contribute to and help drive decisions, initiatives, and coding patterns throughout Wayfair
- Write code that is seen by millions of customers each day!
Who You Are
- Several years of experience building frontend sites and/or applications, including experience with component architecture
- You write modern JS (ES6, ES7 + )
- You have opinions on Apollo, GraphQL, Redux, and other modern JS libraries.
- You have experience with modern JS frameworks like React, Vue, and/or Angular
- You have a solid understanding of functional programming and software design patterns.
- You are passionate about clean code and software architecture
- You have an analytical mindset with a passion for solving business problems with technology
- You are experienced in giving out and receiving code reviews
- You have a strong experience with unit and integration testing
- Familiar with working in a component-based architecture
- Experienced in coding for all devices, including knowledge and understanding of responsive/adaptive design patterns
- Excited about working in an environment where your contributions are wide-reaching and highly visible
- A graduate of computer science, computer graphics, or digital arts related degree program with 3+ years of relevant industry experience, OR have 5+ years of equivalent industry experience
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair is, and will be, home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top