Senior HRIS Manager (Workday)
- Boston, MA
Who We Are
The Wayfair HRIS team propels the growth of Wayfair by delivering innovative, integrated and scalable technology and process solutions to hire, develop, empower, and retain top talent while creating the best user experience possible. Reporting to the Director of Talent Operations, the Sr. HRIS Manager leads the HRIS team and is responsible for overall management, strategic roadmap design, communication, compliance, and configuration and administration of the Workday HCM system. Wayfair utilizes Workday’s HCM, Time, Attendance, Compensation, Performance, Benefits, and Payroll modules.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and mentor a team of 6 analysts and developers -- coach, teach, guide, motivate and inspire the team, setting goals, assigning projects, and ensuring deadlines are met
- Serve as technical expert for all things Workday -- Engaging with Workday Community, Rising, and user groups to ensure that we are getting the most out of current and future Workday capabilities
- Develop the strategic roadmap for global HRIS initiatives -- Work with senior leadership and key stakeholders to support for organizational strategic objectives, leveraging Workday functionality to ease administrative burden and build efficient, effective, and scalable processes.
- Drive adoption, optimization and transformation - Ensure we are fully leveraging Workday to meet strategic business and talent needs and pursue continuous improvement in business processes, integration, automation, and user experience.
- Partner with Talent and business teams -- Understand their needs and requirements, make recommendations for solutions, and roadmap and prioritize implementation to support Wayfair’s business objectives
- Coordinate with internal and external partners - Work with 3rd party software and internal product, legal, and security teams to ensure configuration and integrations are efficient, compliant, and accurate
- Manage HRIS workload -- Own planning and release strategies for WD semi-annual releases as well as new features, enhancements, and bug fixes by the team.
- Identify, establish and track key metrics -- Monitor team effectiveness and Workday-utilization, identifying trends, root causes, and solutions to drive efficiency, scalability, and leverage for Wayfair
What You’ll Need
- 5-7+ years of Workday experience preferably in a global company
- Experience with 3+ Workday modules: HCM, Time, Attendance, Compensation, Performance, Benefits, Payroll, Security, and Reporting.
- Strong team leader - 3+ years of management experience, managing and prioritizing day-to-day work and coaching and developing technical and analytical skills
- Strong cross-functional partner - Able to work with stakeholders across Talent and the business, bridging the gap between technical and non-technical professionals
- Strong prioritization skills - Able to evaluate new opportunities and asks, determine requirements and prioritize based on business goals, return on investment, and risks to deliver near-term value without sacrificing long-term effectiveness
- Strong project manager - Able to break complex projects into manageable tasks, identify and engage appropriate resources, and deliver accurate, on-time results
- Creative and innovative thinker - Able to identify and propose unique technical and process solutions to meet Wayfair’s business goals and operations
- Strong communicator - Written, verbal and listening skills to engage stakeholders, truly understand their needs, and influence to deliver best results for Wayfair
- Data savvy - Able to analyze data, identify trends, and deliver proposals that are clear, engaging, data-based, accurate, and aligned with Wayfair’s goals
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top