Senior Financial Analyst - B2B
The B2B Strategic Operational Finance team is looking for an analytical, strategically-minded Senior Analyst to drive critical projects that promote the success and efficiency of Wayfair’s B2B program. The right candidate has a passion for breaking down complex business problems into discrete analyses and using data to make informed business decisions. As a central member of the team, you will provide financial visibility to leadership in order to make better operational decisions in several of our most important strategic initiatives.
The Strategic Operational Finance organization partners with sales operations, marketing, and business planning teams to provide economic insight into operational decisions. By analyzing the financial implications of operational changes, we enable these teams to operate more efficiently and profitably.
- Serve as CFO function for the B2B business, using data to inform strategic and financial decisions
- Provide day to day financial analysis, modeling, and other support for the B2B business, working closely with B2B sales operations, analytics, marketing, accounting, and other teams
- Influence decision making through analysis and modeling to ensure business partners meet the financial objectives of the organization
- Participate in forecasting and variance analysis processes, including review of monthly actual results. Identify and communicate risks and opportunities associated with the forecast
- Compile and present business reviews covering key financial and non-financial metrics, including performance against stated objectives
- Cost management / ownership of P&L and profitability of business
- Data integrity / report a single source of truth
- Query large amounts of disparate data, consolidate, and summarize results for management
- Ad-hoc analysis, reporting, and presentations, including quarterly reporting, business reviews, and management presentations
- Work collaboratively with all cross-functional teams
The right candidate has:
- At least 3 years of experience in an analytical/consulting role with experience analyzing data
- A degree in Mathematics, Finance, Operations Management, Economics, or other concentrations with heavy analytical focus strongly preferred
- Ability to ‘tell the story’ and drive insightful analytics and financial reviews
- Ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication, and influence; strong ownership of tasks/deadlines/projects
- Strong cross-functional communication skills and ability to effectively convey insights from analyses to senior leaders
- Experience working within large datasets and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- High proficiency in Excel and MS Office; SQL or other programming languages a plus
What we offer:
- Fun and collaborative work environment
- Limitless career growth
- Free snacks
- Casual dress code
- Paid time off
- Health/wellness programs
- Matching 401K
- Monthly team outings
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top