Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/x)
- Berlin, Germany
Who we are
In the Coding@Scale team, we scale our growing engineering teams by defining the team’s ownership, detecting team dependencies and empowering cross-team collaboration. We provide different tools to drive efficient DevOps lifecycle and to collect and analyze DevOps data.
Our tech stack includes PHP, Python, SQL Server, Linux, Buildkite, Jenkins, Kafka, Druid, Docker, Kubernetes, bare-metal machines and this is by no means an exhaustive list! We maintain SLOs for each service and are transitioning to a full DevOps model.
We also help teams tackling tech debt identified by our analytics engine through training, auxiliary engineering and cross-team collaboration.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer with outstanding development and operational skills who is willing to learn the variety of technologies we use. This is primarily a DevOps role where you analyze, implement, deploy and operate your solution.
What you’ll do
- Be responsible for interacting with engineering teams, identify development bottlenecks and provide data-driven recommendations.
- Lead the implementation of your recommended initiatives and ensure measurement of your impact.
- Advocate for best practices of scalable engineering: DevOps, InnerSource, SLOs and shared dependency management.
- Design and develop intuitive development tooling that improves developer productivity and reduces friction from team interactions.
What you’ll need
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux based environments
- Substantial public cloud experience, preferably in GCP
- Competency in design and development, testing in high-level programming languages (Python, PHP, Java or Node.js)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Ruby, Python)
- Understanding of using data to make decisions
- Familiarity with Docker best practices and antipatterns
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Kubernetes)
- Ability to work effectively with people and enjoy helping others achieve their goals
- A passion for automating manual labor, friction, and toil for engineers
- Hands-on experience with monitoring production services and expertise with one of our monitoring tools such as Datadog, Kibana, Prometheus, Zabbix or Influx
What we’d love to see (but isn’t required)
- Demonstrated history of delivering high-value software systems with high test coverage
- Understanding of configuration management tools such as Puppet, Ansible or Chef.
- A passionate interest in growing large-scale, loosely-coupled ecosystems that deliver value - and keep delivering value - higher than the sum of their parts!
- Experience with 3rd party build and release products used by Wayfair: BuildKite, Gitlab CI, Octopus, Jenkins/Blue Ocean or expertise administering a Git server instance (GitHub/Gitlab)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top