Senior Data Scientist
Product performance incidences, such as damage, lost in transit, etc., negatively impact thousands of customers and account for millions of dollars in lost revenue each year at Wayfair. The Product Performance Analytics team plays a vital role in working with our partners in operations to identify strategic and tactical opportunities to reduce incidence impact using data. We’re looking for a talented, self-motivated Data Scientist to join our team. You will be part of an innovative team dedicated to developing top-notch analytical talent through problem-solving and value-creating. You will apply analytical skills and critical thinking to provide insights and recommendations to solve one of Wayfair’s most important problems.
What you will do:
- Partner with business partners to understand business processes and data requirements and identify opportunities to use analytics to provide value
- Develop analytical frameworks to address business questions and navigate through data from multiple sources to synthesize what’s required to answer business questions
- Supervise junior data scientists to apply tools such as SQL, Python and R, and develop machine-learning or statistical models to provide insights to support strategic, tactical and operational decisions
- Present insights and recommendations clearly to diverse stakeholders encompassing all levels of the organization and successfully influence business partners and leadership
- Drive the implementation of a supplier score program based on predictive models and collaborate with stakeholders to improve supplier audit effectiveness
- Collaborate with business partners to develop experiments to evaluate if an operations process change helps reduce product performance incidences and measure the financial impact
Who you are:
- You have at least 3+ years of experience in analytics and data science
- You have at least 1 year of experience in leading a data science team or executing on large-scale analytical programs
- You have a Master or PhD degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus
- You possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- You are passionate about solving complex business problems
- You are positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic, and can easily work with others, regardless of their analytical proficiency or technical competency
- You write complex scripts in SQL to query both analytical and transactional databases
- You may have written scripts in Python, R, or other languages used by data scientists
What we offer:
- Fun and collaborative work environment
- Limitless career growth
- Free snacks
- Casual dress code
- Paid time off
- Health/wellness programs
- Matching 401K
- Monthly team outings
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
*** This position is ONLY for on-site in our Boston, MA headquarters ***
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top