Senior Data Architect, Supply Chain
- Boston, MA
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. We work smart, applying technology to unlock insights and provide outsized value to our customers. We swing big, knowing our customers won’t benefit from micro optimizations. Leveraging the largest data set for products sold in the Home space, this team treats data as an asset and determines how to maximize its business value and extend our competitive advantage.
As a Senior Data Architect, you will be a hands-on technical leader who architects, designs and delivers Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Big Data Solution for our rapidly growing Supply Chain and Logistics operation. You will define the solution roadmap, determine the resources needed to execute and lead the development and delivery of wide range of data products within this group.
As one of your key initiatives, you will be responsible for driving the Wayfair Supply Chain Enhancement End to End process. You will be instrumental in building out our supply chain data architecture to ensure Wayfair is capturing the entire data roadmap for customer fulfillment. The primary objective will be to bring all our data streams together to generate one source of data for our supplier stakeholders domestically and internationally, ultimately driving down the cost for our customers and providing a better customer experience. This objective will revolve around three pillars; speed, cost, and quality.
What you’ll do
- Own and develop technical architecture, design and implementation of big data platforms and business analytics solutions to empower your stakeholders to solve their data driven analytics and reporting needs.
- Collaborate with your stakeholders and other business analytics team leaders to define and develop the data architecture and data solution roadmap for the functional areas you support.
- Design and implement appropriate data architecture, data pipelines, reporting, dashboarding, data exploration, processes and quality controls to enable self-service Business Intelligence.
- Act as a subject matter expert for technical guidance, solution design and best practices within the Business Analytics organization.
- Keep current on big data and data visualization technology trends, evaluate, work on proof-of-concept and make recommendations on the technologies based on their merit.
- Manage and mentor associates; ensure the team is being challenged, exposed to new opportunities, and learning, while still being able to deliver on ambitious goals.
- Develop a technical center of excellence within the analytics organization through training, mentorship, and process innovation.
What You Have:
- Demonstrated success working with stakeholders and implementing end-to-end data solutions including data model, data pipelines and Business Intelligence products to solve complex business requirements.
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking and technical abilities along with problem solving skills.
- Solid experience in designing and implementing DW Architectures, OLAP technologies, Star-schema, Snowflake schema and Aggregation Techniques.
- Experience in development of custom built BI and big data reporting solutions using tools like Tableau, Qlik, OBIEE, Cognos, MicroStrategy, Business Objects.
- Experience architecting database management systems with traditional and big data technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, Vertica, Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB. Prior experience with databases 100TB+ highly desired.
- Advanced SQL and programming experience with at least one language such as Python, Scala, Java, C++ highly desired.
- Prior data infrastructure experience in support to a Service driven organization is a plus but not essential.
- Cloud architecture integration.
- Proficiency utilizing Kafka streaming.
- Experience as a technical lead or other mentorship role.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record.
Back to top