Senior Copywriter (AllModern)
- Boston, MA
Who We Are:
Wayfair is home to one of the retail industry’s largest in-house creative agencies. The Creative Group is a world-class team comprised of many disciplines – designers, copywriters, stylists, editors, cinematographers, directors, producers, and more. Our work fuels all forms of on-site and off-site marketing and communication with our consumers, from TV to online video to social, email, direct mail, and more.
AllModern, Wayfair’s modern brand, is seeking a Copywriter to take our rapidly evolving brand to the next level.
What You’ll Do:
- Concept and write copy for all touch points: brand campaigns, editorial site content, email marketing, direct mail pieces, Instagram stories, digital advertising, online video, and beyond.
- Champion the brand's voice standards and messaging strategy to drive brand consistency and evolution. We are on a mission to become even stronger, stickier brands with raised awareness and brand affinity. Our words and content are one important part of the puzzle to get us there, and that will be your challenge.
- Use Wayfair’s wealth of performance metrics and other data (especially customer insights) to guide smarter creative decisions.
- Live in lockstep with your cross-functional partners. You'll be responsible for maintaining seamless communication, understanding and influencing their priorities and goals, and effectively producing creative that supports (and furthers) those objectives.
- Do all of the above in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are daily and the volume of work is high. The pace should thrill you, not derail you.
Who You Are:
- Experienced in writing for a retail audience (either in-house or at an agency) – or even for a shelter publication (digital or print) with an understanding of marketing principles.
- Comfortable writing both actionable short-form copy (think: subject lines, Facebook ads, etc.) and also more complex storytelling (brand spotlights, buying guides, etc.).
- Deeply obsessed with home furnishings, interior design, and style, with a sincere interest in the retail industry.
- Endlessly curious about the customer – their passions, needs, and pain points.
- An expert collaborator and someone who works well with other writers and designers.
- Strong ability to articulate your ideas and opinions, with proof points to ground them.
- Known for your meticulous attention to detail, ability to multitask, and robot-like organizational powers.
***For consideration, an online portfolio or samples of your work are required.***
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston and Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top