Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (m/f)
Business Intelligence Analytics Team at Wayfair is an exciting blend of business, big data, and technology, empowering people in every part of the company to make better decisions with data.Working on the Business Intelligence Team is a premier opportunity to further develop your career in business and big data analytics.
Each Business Intelligence Analyst is aligned with one or more groups, such as Marketing, Logistics, or Storefront Engineering and partners with those teams to help them achieve their goals. Whether you’re measuring site performance, analyzing customer behavior and trends, data mining, or optimizing SQL queries, you will be working with cutting edge technology and multi-terabyte datasets.
At their core, Business Intelligence Analysts at Wayfair are strong in quantitative analysis, enjoy SQL coding but also want to balance that with their interest in business. They think critically to tackle complex challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment and are seeking a high-growth opportunity where they will have an immediate impact on day one. There are significant opportunities for new BI team members to emerge as leaders, taking on additional projects and responsibilities with strong performance.
- Consulting with internal customers (e.g., Marketing, Logistics, Storefront Engineering) to develop analyses that lead to actionable insights that accelerate profitable growth
- Wrangling data from multiple sources including sales, inventory, product, and customer databases to create integrated views that can be used to drive decision making
- Working with several large and complex SQL and Vertica databases
- Designing and building reports, dashboards, and analyses in both Excel and Tableau
- Degree in in Economics, a quantitative Social Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics with strong academic record
- Significant experience in a business intelligence, data science or engineering role
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience with VBA/macros, a plus
And finally, our proposition to you!
Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus, office snacks and drinks and Friday evening beers, but also…
- An awesome, multinational team right in the startup hub of Berlin, Kreuzberg
- A huge opportunity to be an early entrant and set the stage with us
- Career path guidance and mentoring
- We want to share our company with you in stock units
- We pitch in to your gym membership and office sport events
- Monthly team events
- And let’s not forget: the chance to join the next global giant in eCommerce
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top