Senior Associate Product Manager, Product Appearance
Wayfair’s Product Appearance team is responsible for the way products appear throughout the Wayfair shopping experience. Shopping online for furniture is new for many customers. They aren’t used to not being able to touch and feel the product and so it’s important to use images and our breadth of options to help customers understand the quality and value they are getting from Wayfair. This role’s primary focus will be helping customers understand the breadth of options each product has, considering issues like when in the funnel we should surface to the customer multiple options of the same product and how to make it easy for the customer to choose the one best for them.
As a Senior Associate Product Manager on the Product Appearance team, you will work with many teams and partners, and lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and analysts to develop customer experiences that impact tens of millions of consumers. You will be responsible for wearing any and all hats. You will own your roadmap, maniacally measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer, anticipate bottlenecks, make trade-offs, and take risks to maximize the benefit for our customer and business. And if you’re doing it right, you’re having a ton of fun and learning every day.
You must have a strong bias-for-action, be a consummate communicator, be extremely curious and be willing to identify and fill gaps where necessary to get the job done. You will be asked to break down complex problems and back up your recommendations with quantitative and qualitative reasoning. You will be a member of a team consisting of Engineers, UX Designers and Analysts and play a central role in organizing and communicating their efforts.
How you’ll drive success:
- Be the customer’s biggest advocate – listening to them and innovating for them
- Drive quantitative and qualitative analysis, and demonstrate superior communication skills to constituents across the business.
- Using Agile methodologies, they develop software intended for our US, UK, DE and Canada sites, in addition to Wayfair’s additional lifestyle brands.
- Define strategy and roadmaps for your product(s) and insure those interests are represented amongst all Product owners within the organization to ensure the vision for your product roadmap aligns with broader company objectives
- Monitor performance of your focus area and measure impact of your product enhancements
- Determine resourcing needs for your team and make compelling requests for additions when required.
You’re who we’re looking for if:
- 2+ years experience in ecommerce or B2C product management
- Track record of building high-impact consumer products
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Cross functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Experience managing a team is a plus
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multi-variate testing practices a plus
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds)
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top